Among many things to consider when writing a shop assistant resume, the most important one perhaps is customization.
Keep the employer-specific requirements in mind.
Knowing the needs of employer will place you in a better position to build an employer-focused resume for a shop assistant position.
The skills and qualifications you mention in your resume will remain the same for each company you apply to.
However, their sequential order will change in priority to the specific firm and so will the resume writing style.
This means you will be using a different version of your resume while applying for various shop assistant positions. Similarly, you will be writing the most specific job-relevant experience at the top of each version of your resume.
Let us see how a shop assistant will write a resume to mention his/her skills and qualifications in the most effective way.
Related: Cover Letter for Shop Assistant Resume
Shop Assistant Resume Sample 1
Poised to exceed sales through exceptional selling techniques and excellent customer service.
Tedious and detail-oriented shop assistant with 12 years of hands-on experience in busy retail environments. Demonstrated ability to organize the store aesthetically ensuring a high-quality buying experience for customers. Particularly effective in maintaining records of merchandise on shelves and products sold. Extremely capable of working in a team environment and following instructions to support shop goals and drive revenue.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Merchandise Display • Forklift Operations
• Inventory Maintenance • Delivery Collection
• Account Maintenance • Sales Documentation
• Cash Till Operation/ POS • Funds Transferring
• Order Processing
Dean’s Super Store, Lubbock, TX
2012 – Present
• Minimize the stock loss by $6000 per annum by ensuring timely and appropriate storage of incoming stock and stock forwarding with priority to the expiry date.
• Upsell a product launched a year back by appealingly rearranging the available stock and notifying potential buyers regarding the same.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all products being sold and respond to customer queries promptly in light of the same.
• Optimize sales by coming up with catchy displays of products and suggesting additional relevant products to customers.
Macy’s Departmental Store, Lubbock, TX
• Enhanced overall clientele by up to 30% by maintaining updated knowledge regarding all products available and responding to client queries effectively.
• Reduced waiting time by 5 minutes by ensuring the categorical display of all products in the store which made product retrieval quicker and easier.
• Received merchandise and arranged it in the store, replenished racks on the assigned floor as needed.
• Assisted in the maintenance and cleanliness of the assigned floor.
Community School, Lubbock, TX
• Customer Service
Shop Assistant Resume Sample 2
East Liverpool, OH
Seeking a position as a Shop Assistant at Pro Shop, utilizing knowledge of retail store management and customer service acumen to assist in general store operations efficiently.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• 4+ years of proven service as a shop assistant with leading retail establishments
• Able to develop product awareness and actively sell merchandise
• Hands-on experience in product displays and implementing best practices to engender excellence in customer service
• In-depth knowledge of promoting business by incorporating selling and up-selling techniques
• Achieved sales targets 100% by infusing marketing campaigns and providing excellence in customer care to engender recurring business.
• Awarded Employee of the Quarter Award three times in four years following customer feedback and supervisory commendation.
• Promoted after only 5 months in the shop assistant role
• Trained 2 new employees.
Quik Retails – East Liverpool, OH
Mar 2018 – Feb 2022
• Greeted customers and assisted them in selecting and locating items.
• Managed window displays and shelf-stocking activities.
• Performed activities related to inventory procedures.
• Resolved customer issues and complaints.
• Received deliveries and unpacked items for display purposes.
• Operated the cash register when necessary.
• Assisted in stock checking and annual stock-taking activities.
ABC High School, East Liverpool, OH
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
• Intense ability to stay organized at all times
• Exceptional time management skills
• Basic math and accounting knowledge
• Strong ability to work in a team environment
Shop Assistant Job Description for Resume
- Greet customers and endeavor to determine their shopping needs.
- Provide them with information about available products.
- Direct customers to the correct aisles and assist them in locating their products of choice.
- Demonstrate product features and provide customers with expiry information.
- Stock shelves with different products keeping “placement” in mind.
- Make available missing products on customers’ demands.
- Provide customers with information regarding product make and model.
- Make customers aware of any special products or deals that the company may be offering.
- Arrange for products to be delivered to customers’ homes by taking delivery information.
- Assist customers throughout the payment process by taking cash payments and rendering change.
- Process credit and debit card payments and have receipts signed by customers.
- Coordinate bagging efforts by making sure that the correct type of bags for different items.
- Instruct grocery baggers to deliver products to customers’ cars.
- Work with the delivery department to make certain that deliveries are made on time.
- Handle inventory management duties; order supplies and products before they begin to run low.
- Oversee bulk product purchase activities and make arrangements for the proper storage of received items.
- Tally the cash register at the end of each shift and handle any discrepancies according to designated protocols.
Shop Assistant Skills and Knowledge
Knowledge of sales and marketing procedures is important. You also have to be an aggressive seller and possess sensitivity as far as customers’ wants are concerned. Since shop assistants remain in touch with customers throughout the workday, it is crucial for you to be polite and respectful when dealing with them.