A shop attendant is a person who works at a store or a franchise and assists the customers in selecting the products that suit their needs.
In this role, you will be responsible for greeting customers, managing stock, keeping up display, and making financial transactions upon successful purchasing.
How to write an effective resume for the shop attendant position?
Here are 5 tips that can help you craft an excellent resume:
- Before writing your resume, review some resume samples.
- Select a template and format that helps in highlighting your relevant qualifications.
- Use active language and choose power verbs like achieved, accomplished and attained, etc.
- Do not copy-paste any resume sample, pick and select only the relevant headings and subheadings that suit your profile.
- Always ask a friend to proofread your resume before sending it.
Here is a Shop attendant resume sample for further guidance.
Shop Attendant Resume Sample
554 River View Lane
Los Angeles, CA
(003) 222 . 1111
jacob .francis @ email . com
Highly driven and result-oriented Shop attendant with a courteous disposition, effective communication skills, and strong persuasive power. Well-versed in greeting customers, displaying merchandise, selling products, processing claims, and operating POS systems. Known for maintaining positive and fruitful customer relations.
HIGHLIGHTS OF SKILLS
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
• Adept at operating cash till and balancing cash
• Well-versed in creating and maintaining attractive merchandise displays
• Strong budgeting, sale-forecasting, and merchandising skills
• Vast experience in handling returns and warranty claims
Fred-Myers Cash and Carry, Los Angeles CA
Aug 2020 – Present
• Increase sales by $5000 per month by setting up attractive displays.
• Reduce check-out time by 2 minutes per customer by implementing quick billing protocols.
• Maintain POS in an effective manner.
• Handle and processed all warranty, return, and replacement claims.
• Provide information about specifications of various products on the assigned floor.
• Process cash and credit card transactions for all sales accurately.
• Attach accurate price tags to all items on the display.
Wal-Mart, Los Angeles CA
Apr 2015 – Aug 2020
• Exceeded sales target by 10% for all products on the assigned floor.
• Sold out the complete stock of a uniquely designed portable iron through suggestive selling within a week.
• Opened the Mart daily, vacuumed the assigned floor, and maintained product displays.
• Kept record of available stock and maintained stock inventories.
• Greeted the customers and helped them in choosing products as per their requirements.
• Packed the purchased goods and processed billing for the same.
• Balanced the cash till at day end.
High School Diploma
Corvallis High School, Los Angeles CA
English and Spanish