A recreational assistant is responsible for providing assistance to leisure activities for groups or individual clients. They help people in the clubs and organizations in different free time activities, from swimming to indoor games.
They work under the direction the recreation director. This is a rapidly growing profession in the USA, Canada and European countries.
Tips and Guidelines
When writing a recreation assistant resume with less or no experience in hand, you may gain a competitive edge over other applicants by presenting a professional and brief resume along with a compelling Recreation Assistant Cover Letter to potential employers.
By focusing on any full-time, part-time, volunteer or other experience you have with local parks or recreational facilities, and stressing your communication skills, you may create an attractive resume that sets you apart from the crowd.
In the Summary of Qualifications section, write the major skills and qualities which employer wants to see in the candidate .
The following template is designed to assist you in your resume writing and job application process.
Recreation Assistant Resume Sample (No Experience)
8 Example Avenue, New York, NY 65987
Contact #, Email Address
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Over 1 year experience as Recreation Assistant
• First Aid and CPR Certified
• Highly skilled in conducting and promoting recreational activities
• In-depth knowledge of performing recreation program duties to include program set-up
• Able to instruct participants in a range of recreational activities such as sports, crafts and active games
• Able to clean and watch equipment use
• Proven ability to issue equipment and make reports on condition of equipment
[Mention some of your achievements here through bullet statements]
May 2016 – Present
Volunteers of America – Greater New York, New York, NY
• Greet visitors and customers enthusiastically and efficiently
• Answer the phone and forward calls to the appropriate person
• Take and deliver messages for co-workers
• Collect payments and process transactions for special events
• Perform daily close out of a cash drawer
• Perform clerical duties such as typing, copying and faxing
• Perform basic housekeeping and janitorial functions
High School Diploma| City High School, New York, NY – 2015
SPECIAL SKILLS AND CAPABILITIES
• Effective communication skills
• Natural interest in sports and recreation
• Basic computer skills
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite