Sending a resume is no big deal. But creating one that is well-placed and informative is.
Whether you are writing a recreation assistant resume from scratch or updating an existing one, you have to make sure that the data which you have provided in it is exactly what the hiring manager is looking for.
See the example below to get help:
Recreation Assistant Resume Example
100 Merrifields Drive, Silver Spring, MD 12005
ruth.p @ email . com
Wide-ranging experience in organizing activities for youth, adults and senior citizens according to their specific requirements and interests. Competent in ensuring the health, safety and wellbeing of all participants, as per established protocols and guidelines.
Effective coach and mentor with proven success in planning, organizing, developing and scheduling activities such as aquatics, child care, special events and facility rentals.
Provides support in hiring and training seasonal personnel, to assist with recreational programs. Leads, supports and supervises each activity within a recreational plan.
|✓ Participant Oversight||✓ Equipment Operations||✓ Activities Planning|
|✓ Rules Enforcement||✓ Interest Promotion||✓ Member Training|
|✓ Complaint Resolution||✓ Inventory Handling||✓ Facility Operations|
|✓ Emergency Response||✓ Counseling||✓ Program Development|
Community Care Inc. Silver Spring, MD | 10/2012 – Present
• Engage new participants in conversation to determine their specific recreational interests
• Create and implement core recreational activity programs to meet the needs of each assigned age group
• Provide participants with information on what to expect during each activity, and prepare them for associated challenges
• Enforce safety rules and regulations, and maintain discipline within the facility area
• Organize, lead and promote interest in recreational activities including arts, crafts, sports, camping and games
• Explain principals and rules of each activity to participant and demonstrate use of materials, supplies and equipment
• Create and update logs of participants’ activities and ensure that attendance logs are properly maintained
• Provide mediation services in cases of altercations, and handle emergent situations such as injuries and accidents in a proactive manner
• Developed and implemented a series of activities programs for young adults, resulting in 50% increase in membership.
• Streamlined facility operations by introducing a series of policies and protocols to abide by.
Recreation Galore, Silver Spring, MD | 12/2009 – 10/2012
• Conferred with all new and existing participants to determine their specific recreational interests
• Provided supervisors with information on temperaments and special interests of various age groups
• Assisted in creating and implementing recreational plans for age groups ranging from children to senior citizens
• Provided support to participants in using activities-related equipment, ensuring their safety at all times
• Monitored facility operations, providing updates such as low inventory levels or participant dissatisfaction to supervisors
• Saved the life of a little girl who had the misfortune to be bitten by a snake during a camping activity, by providing immediate first aid.
• Increased the community’s interest in the facility’s services by leading core intense marketing activities.
Silver Spring High School, Silver Spring, MD | 2008
High School Diploma