A pet shop assistant resume is a 1-page document that contains information about the main skills and relevant experiences of the candidate.
Typically, a resume for this position will highlight an individual’s ability to oversee and handle tasks at a pet shop.
Usually, a high school diploma or a GED equivalent is sufficient to work as a pet shop assistant.
However, previous experience counts a lot and should be mentioned in the resume.
As a pet shop assistant, you will be handling many tasks such as feeding animals and looking after their personal needs. And all this needs to be written in the resume.
A resume sample for this position is provided below:
Pet Shop Assistant Resume Example
287 6th Street, Hilo, HI 19212
PET SHOP ASSISTANT
Pet shop assistant, with 7+ years of experience looking after animals, as well as providing them with love. Expert in restraining animals in order to administer medication. Ability to handle customer relations while ensuring repeat business.
• Animal Care
• Medication Administering
• Customer Service
• Exercise Regimes
• Retail Assistance
• Stock Levels Oversight
• Health Checks
• Emergency Response
• Customer Education
• Behavior Management
• Cleaning and Disinfection
• Implemented a unique animal care system that increased animal comfort.
• Explicitly devised a behavior management system, decreasing incidents of misconduct.
• Introduced the concept of sanitization that reduced the chances of diseases significantly.
Pet Shop Assistant
Pets Junction, Hilo, HI
• Greet customers as they arrive at the pet shop.
• Provide customers with information such as available pets and their costs.
• Direct customers through the pet shop.
• Assist pet shop owners in ringing up pet sales.
• Clean and sanitize pet dwellings like cages, and houses.
• Scrape algae off the walls of fish tanks, as well as change filters.
• Change sawdust and bedding.
• Exercise and groom pets.
• Ensure the physical and emotional well-being of animals.
• Administer medication upon vets’ orders.
• Oversee supplies for example food, bedding, and medicines
Robert’s Pet Shop, Hilo, HI
• Cleaned out pet cages, and sanitized them properly.
• Ensured that food and water were given on time.
• Checked fish tanks in order to ensure the right chemical balance.
• Sold retail products such as food, bedding, and accessories.
• Oversaw inventory levels, and communicated low stock situations to the shop manager.
High School Diploma
St. Peter’s High School, Hilo, HI – 2009