A cover letter for a coffee shop assistant is a one-page document sent with a resume and serves as your primary introduction.
It helps grasp the attention of the recruiter towards your resume.
A well-written and targeted cover letter clearly increases the chances of being selected for a coffee shop assistant job. Below is a cover letter sample for a coffee shop assistant resume which can be customized per requirements.
See also: Barista Cover Letter Sample
Coffee Shop Assistant Cover Letter Example
22 Bract Highway
April 1, 2018
Mr. Peter Travolta
Peet’s Coffee & Tea
142 San Mateo Road
Half Moon Bay, CA, 94019
Dear Mr. Travolta:
Moments before writing this letter, I found out about the job vacancy of a Coffee Shop Assistant at a retail branch of the very famous, ‘Peet’s Coffee & Tea’ – a brand name so familiar to the Caffeine lovers of US. I am writing to you instantly to get this golden opportunity. I believe my qualifications will be of great interest to you.
As required, I am well-versed in:
• Serving customers timely with high pace and efficiency
• Preparing more food in less time
• Contributing to maintaining the environment of the shop
• Dealing customers utilizing superior communication skills
• Helping other kitchen personnel with their work
• Running the cash register
My major qualifications in this regard include:
• A total of 3 years of experience as a restaurant/café assistant
• Two years of experience as a kitchen assistant at Peet’s Coffee & Tea, Westwood Boulevard
• Over one year of experience as a waiter at Stewart’s Shops
• Knowledge of roasting coffee beans, brewing and preparing coffee
Keeping in mind my expertise and skills, I am certain that I am a great candidate for this position. I would welcome the opportunity for an interview to discuss how my relevant background and transferable skills can facilitate the achievement of your goals.
I look forward to meeting with you soon, and I thank you for your time and consideration.