A coffee shop assistant has a lot of tasks to perform on a daily basis. From preparing drinks, coffee, and food, to serving and collecting payments – they have to be able to do them all.
They take their orders from patrons, relay orders to baristas or kitchen staff, and serve guests promptly. They are also required to assist managers and coworkers in a vast array of duties.
A cover letter for a coffee shop assistant is a one-page document sent with a resume and serves as your primary introduction.
It helps grasp the attention of the recruiter toward your resume.
A well-written and targeted cover letter clearly increase the chances of being selected for a coffee shop assistant job. Below is a cover letter sample for a coffee shop assistant resume which can be customized per requirements.
Coffee Shop Assistant Cover Letter Example
22 Bract Highway
Boston, MA 78583
May 20, 2023
Mr. Peter Travolta
Peet’s Coffee & Tea
142 San Mateo Road
Half Moon Bay, CA, 94019
Dear Mr. Travolta:
I am excited to apply for the Coffee Shop Assistant position at Peet’s Coffee & Tea. I believe my qualifications will be of great interest to you.
My major qualifications include:
- 3 years of experience as a restaurant/café assistant
- Knowledge of roasting coffee beans, brewing and preparing coffee
- Passion to provide excellent customer service
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Adept at food and coffee preparation and serving techniques
As can be seen on my attached resume, I am well-versed in:
- Serving customers timely with high pace and efficiency
- Preparing more food in less time
- Contributing to maintaining the environment of the shop
- Dealing with customers by utilizing superior communication skills
- Helping other kitchen staff with their work
- Running the cash register
Keeping in mind my expertise and skills, I am certain that I am a great candidate for this position. I would welcome the opportunity for an interview to discuss how my relevant background and transferable skills can facilitate the achievement of your goals.
I look forward to meeting with you soon, and I thank you for your time and consideration.