A merchandising assistant resume is a 1-2 page document that is required to apply for a job.
It contains information about your experiences and skills in different sections
The following is a great sample resume for merchandising assistant position.
Merchandising Assistant Resume Example
102 5th Street
San Francisco, CA 94109
carlee.styles @ email . com
Detail-oriented and thorough merchandising professional with 6+ years’ track record of working with long-term product lines for the purpose of generating extra revenues and increased customer interest. Proficient in making and implementing assortment plans, with a view to increasing customer base. Hands-on experience in coordinating with design teams to work on product direction for the long term. Effectively plans product ranges and budgets, and presents sales forecasts for new product ranges.
CORE MERCHANDISING COMPETENCIES
• Product Placement
• Assortment Plans
• Sales Liaison
• Budget Management
• Customer Base Growth
• Market Analysis
• Stock and Sales Plans
• Strategic Merchandising
• Successfully reorganized merchandise that increased sales by $35000 per year.
• Effectively reorganized inventory monitoring, which increased efficiency by 50%.
• Enhanced customer base by 20% by adding a new product to the company’s product line.
• Made products more customer-oriented by introducing better designers and changing manufacturers.
AA Company, San Francisco, CA
(8/2015 – Present)
• Plan product ranges and prepare sales plans in conjunction with both buyers and company procedures
• Help the retail business grow and develop by working with both sales team and retail teams to catch all opportunities
• Set revenue targets and plan assortments to help product penetration into the industry
• Monitor inventory and place orders by coordinating efforts with sales and marketing teams
• Compile and write weekly and monthly reports detailing current trends as well as strengths and weaknesses of product lines
• Liaise between various departments in the company, such as finance, corporate, design, and sales
UTY LLC, San Francisco, CA
(6/2012 – 8/2015)
• Worked with design and sales teams to ensure products are trendy and customer-oriented
• Assisted in research for budget and budget planning for the continuation of old products and production of new ones
• Provided assistance in purchase order drafting to ensure all relevant material is included
• Assisted in driving sales and marketing plans by performing detailed research activities
• Lead shipping products to outlets and monitored sales
• Helped in driving sales and marketing plans
• Coordinated between design teams and sales teams to ensure products were trendy and popular
• Monitored inventory and placed orders by following set timelines
• Provided assistance in compilation and writing of weekly and monthly merchandising reports
Bachelor of Business Administration
UNIVERSITY OF SAN FRANCISCO, San Francisco, CA – 2009
MS Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Merchandising Software: NCR Counterpoint, RetailSTAR