A laboratory assistant resume is a critical component of your job application package.
It contains information regarding your relevant experiences, skills, and accomplishments.
It is the document that markets you and your credentials to a prospective employer.
Candidates who best communicate their qualifications, education, employment history, and skills related to the job description of Laboratory Assistant are likely to get further consideration.
As you start to make your resume, work on the action verbs and composition and highlight your strengths and career goals.
See also: Laboratory Assistant Cover Letter
Laboratory Assistant Resume Example
69 River Avenue, Glendale, AZ 65287
- Over 1-year experience in the laboratory setting
- Current phlebotomy certificate from the State of Arizona
- Highly skilled in preparing solutions, labels tubes and specimen containers
- .In-depth knowledge of collecting specimens and performing simple tests
- Able to perform routine technical and clerical functions
- Demonstrated ability to operate standard lab equipment
- Thorough understanding of sterilization techniques and handling of harmful materials
- Knowledge of using, maintaining and cleaning laboratory equipment and uses
- Bilingual: Spanish and English
- Reorganized laboratory and specimen collection procedures, shortening process time by 20%
- Designed and implemented patient care strategy
- [List your achievements here]
Lake Hospital – Glendale, AZ | Jan 2019 – Present
• Collect specimens
• Register the clients
• Order laboratory tests
• Maintain files of patient orders and other records
• Perform venipunctures and finger sticks
• Perform scheduled analysis and secretarial procedures
• Arrange media, buffers, and plates
Arrowhead Hospital – Glendale, AZ | May 2017 – Jan 2019
• Prepared specimens for distribution
• Stocked consumables and common supplies
• Supported laboratory quality and safety initiatives
• Washed, sterilized, and stocked ordinary glassware
BS in Biology – 2016
University of Arizona, Glendale, AZ
- Customer Focused
- Team Player
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to effectively work individually and in a team environment
- Strong attention to details, disciplined, careful and focused
MS Office and Excel