Writing a strong resume is crucial when applying for a Food Service Assistant position. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you craft an impressive resume:
1. Contact Information:
Start by including your full name, phone number, email address, and location. Make sure this information is accurate and professional.
2. Objective or Summary Statement:
Write a concise objective or summary statement that highlights your relevant skills and experiences. Tailor it to the specific job you’re applying for and showcase your enthusiasm for working in the food service industry.
List your key skills related to food service, such as customer service, food preparation, cleanliness and sanitation, teamwork, and time management. Include both hard skills (e.g., food handling) and soft skills (e.g., communication).
4. Work Experience:
Detail your previous work experiences in reverse chronological order. Include the name of the organization, your job title, and your main responsibilities and achievements. Highlight your experience in food service, whether in restaurants, cafes, or catering.
Provide details of your educational background, including any relevant certifications, diplomas, or degrees. Include the name of the institution, the location, and the dates attended.
6. Additional Information:
If applicable, include any additional relevant information, such as languages spoken, volunteer experience, or professional affiliations. Be selective and focus on what will make you stand out as a candidate.
Unless specifically requested, you can omit the reference section from your resume. Instead, mention that references are available upon request.
8. Formatting and Proofreading:
Ensure your resume is well-organized, easy to read, and error-free. Use a clean and professional font, and maintain consistency throughout. Proofread your resume multiple times to catch any spelling or grammar mistakes.
Remember to tailor your resume to each specific job application, highlighting the most relevant skills and experiences. With a well-crafted resume, you’ll increase your chances of landing a Food Service Assistant position.
In order to understand how to write a good resume for this position, here is an example that you can follow:
Food Service Assistant Resume Sample 1
Browns Mills, NJ
A well-organized and dedicated individual with deep insight into handling food service duties in a cafeteria environment. Able to prepare and serve food according to set recipes while ensuring customer satisfaction. Work well in a team-oriented environment and individually without supervision. Bilingual: English and Spanish.
- Food Storage
- Workplace Sanitation
- Serving Etiquette
- Waste Disposal
- Order Taking
- Inventory Management
- Equipment Operation
Food Service Assistant
ABC Company, Brown Mills, NJ
11/2017 – Present
• Take and verify orders while noting them down accurately
• Present, arrange, and serve food and beverages in a professional and aesthetically pleasing manner
• Follow set policies and procedures regarding workplace safety and sanitation
• Efficiently operate and maintain equipment such as ovens, grills, and coffeemakers to ensure delivery of prompt service
• Clean and sanitize tables, surfaces, and equipment such as coffeemakers and ovens
City High School, Brown Mills, NJ
(6/2015 – 11/2017)
• Greeted students, parents, and staff members
• Took and recorded orders
• Provided timelines for order deliveries
• Followed upon each order from the kitchen staff
• Filled glasses with water while ensuring that all condiments were available on tables
• Served food and beverage items and took orders for additional ones
• Assisted in preparing food items such as sandwiches and soups, especially during rush hours
High School Diploma
ABC High School, Brown Mills, NJ
Food Service Assistant Resume Sample 2
689 Drayton Road
Vicksburg, MS 70000
Customer Service | Hospitality | Menu Preparation
• Quick and enthusiastic food service professional with 17 years of experience in arranging, preparing, and presenting nutritious food items.
• Adept at developing menus for breakfast, lunch, and dinner along with special meals and snacks
• Well-versed in performing food quality inspections to ensure optimum food quality
• Expert in maintaining and imparting awareness of special diet regimens to ensure healthy eating
• Excellent knowledge of food safety procedures and protocols
• Self-directed with a sound ability to take the initiative
• Well organized with the ability to manage priorities effectively
• Strong knowledge of food and nutrition
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
Food Service Assistant
University of Mississippi – Vicksburg, MS
2016 – Present
• Ensure food and beverage items are prepared and presented in a time-efficient manner
• Develop menus for regular food service and special services akin to diet and health food
• Ensure quality and quantity of food prepared keeping in mind hygiene standards
• Ensure cleanliness of utensils and dishes
• Monitor kitchen and work counters to ensure that sanitation standards are met
• Manage food inventories and stocks
• Directed a team of food servers to provide excellence in food service provider for the university’s annual celebrations.
• Developed three menus for the university covering regular, healthy, and diet food engendering a fantastic student response.
Concord Cafe – Houston, TX
2005 – 2016
• Took and delivered orders as instructed
• Provided information on the items listed on the menu
• Cleaned tables and cleared dishes
• Filled glasses and took payments
• Washed dishes and flatware
• Cleaned kitchen counters and equipment as instructed
• Awarded “Employee of the Month” award following excellent service provision and attendance.
• Promoted to the position of food service assistant within five months of employment as a cafeteria server.
High School Diploma
Vicksburg High School – Houston, TX