Before building your resume for food service assistant job, consider the following two questions:
Are you qualified for this position?
Do you understand the employer’s requirements?
That is the analysis part. And this part is what will provide you with tremendous help in writing your resume correctly.
A food service assistant usually works at the entry level, where their primary job is to plan and serve food to people in cafeterias, hospitals, and schools.
To understand how to write a resume for this position, here is an example that you can follow:
Food Service Assistant Resume Sample
321 Coville Drive ● Browns Mills, NJ 66961 ● (000) 458-9999 ● [Email]
FOOD SERVICE ASSISTANT
A well-organized and dedicated individual with deep insight into handling food service duties in a cafeteria environment. Able to prepare and serve food according to set recipes and ensure customer satisfaction through delivery of exceptional customer service. Work well in team environment and individually without direct supervision. Bilingual: English and Spanish.
|• Food Storage||• Record-keeping||• Inventory Management|
|• Workplace Sanitation||• Waste Disposal||• Equipment Operation|
|• Serving Etiquette||• Order Taking||• Upselling|
ABC COMPANY, Brown Mills, NJ (11/2015 to Present)
Food Service Assistant
• Handle order taking duties by verifying orders and noting them down accurately.
• Present, arrange and serve food and beverages in a professional and aesthetically pleasing manner.
• Follow set policies and procedures regarding workplace safety and sanitation.
• Efficiently operate and maintain equipment such as ovens, grills, and coffeemakers to ensure delivery of prompt service.
• Clean and sanitize tables, surfaces, and equipment such as coffeemakers and ovens.
BROWN MILLS HIGH SCHOOL, Brown Mills, NJ (6/2015 to 11/2015)
• Greeted students, parents and staff members and took and recorded their orders.
• Provided timelines for order deliveries and followed up on each order from the kitchen staff.
• Filled glasses with water and ensured that all condiments were available on tables.
• Served food and beverage items and took orders for additional ones.
• Assisted in preparing food items such as sandwiches and soups, especially during rush hours.
BROWN MILLS HIGH SCHOOL, Brown Mills, NJ | 2015
High School Diploma
Last updated on