What do you imagine is capable of making a hiring manager wide-eyed with wonder when he goes through a resume?
The answer is not the experience or education section. These are bits of information that are obvious in a resume.
A hiring manager will be excited at the prospect of hiring an individual who possesses skills that are a perfect match for his requirements.
How you qualify for a current position is much more critical to an employer than all the complicated and straightforward job duties that you performed in an earlier position.
Verdict: The skills section on a food service assistant resume is critical to create and build upon.
Who you are and what you are capable of accomplishing in a professional capacity is information that is crucial to a hiring manager who is looking for exceptional people to hire.
The more a hiring manager knows about your skills and qualifications, the easier it becomes for him or her to decide if you are eligible for an interview.
For a food service assistant, here is a list of skills that you can mention on a food service assistant resume:
12 Sample Hard Skills for Food Service Assistant Resume
- First-hand experience in working with hospitality managers and cooks to create menus for customers and residents.
- Highly skilled in preparing food items such as salads and soups with a particular focus on maintaining the quality of each dish.
- Well-versed in handling food preparation work such as cutting, chopping, cubing, and slicing meats and vegetables.
- Deeply familiar with handling food portioning duties according to customers’ or residents’ specific requirements and likes.
- Highly aware of putting together healthy meals for residents by conforming to their diet plans and nutritious requirements.
- Proficient in assembling food trays according to protocol and delivering them to customers/residents in a timely manner.
- Able to consult residents’ charts to determine changes in their diets and ensure that this information is accurately communicated to the kitchen.
- Special talent for collecting trays from residents’ rooms at a designated time and transporting them back to the kitchen area.
- Known to ensure that all kitchen surfaces such as counters and floors are kept clean and sanitized on a regular basis.
- Talented in assisting the kitchen staff in washing dishes and cutlery during rush hours and ensuring that all washed utensils are stored appropriately.
- Unique talent for removing and disposing of trash according to sanitation and waste disposal protocols.
- Demonstrated ability to minimize food wastage by ensuring that only the right amount of food items are cooked, baked, or grilled.