Domestic assistants work in hospitals and care homes where their primary duties are housekeeping in nature.
They provide personal help to patients and residents by assisting them in activities of daily life that they may difficulty managing on their own.
Domestic assistants provide direct patient care with respect to maintaining their hygiene, assisting them with grooming and dressing activities and also providing emotional support. They also manage the cleaning activities of the premises which may include cleaning surfaces and floors and servicing furnished areas.
If you have the insight to be a domestic assistant, let us help you get a job by providing you with a CV sample that you can modify to your liking.
94 Hungerford Road, London, N5 8LB
(44) 202-2222, judith @ email . com
Desire a Domestic Assistant position with Hungerford Residential Care where I can use my knowledge of common housekeeping procedures and empathetic nature to facilitate everyday tasks of the facility and assist residents in living a dignified life.
• 9+ years of hands-on experience in maintaining a high standard of cleanliness and ensuring a safe and comfortable environment for the residents.
• Hands on experience of creating and maintaining meaningful relationships with residents and staff.
• Conversant with balancing the needs of the customer and the organization.
• In-depth knowledge of working in elderly care and providing support to both residents and families.
• Planned and implemented a resident activities plan which resulted in residents’ confidence building.
• Achieved success in providing CPR to an ailing resident on the brink of a cardiac arrest thereby saving her life.
We Care – London, UK | 2009 – Present
• Provide direct resident care in terms of personal and emotional support.
• Assist the management in devising and implementing activities.
• Clean and sanitize the facility.
• Dust furniture and fixtures and service furnished area.
• Service toilets and bathroom appliances.
• Replenish supplies in rooms and bathrooms.
Care UK – London, UK | 2008 – 2009
• Cleaned the facility and assisted residents with personal grooming.
• Sanitized bathrooms and other surfaces.
• Replenished supplies in restrooms and residents’ rooms.
• Assisted residents with activities and escorted to events and appointments.
High School Diploma
London High School, London, UK
• Excellent physical agility
• Aptitude to work with irate residents in a professional and polite manner
• Ability to work flexible hours
• Pleasant demeanor
• Reliable and punctual
• Exceptional communication skills
Last updated on