You may believe that a resume is difficult to write when you are applying for an entry-level job.
You are right. But it is as difficult to create when you are applying for a position for which you are experienced. That is because every resume is a different document, written for a separate purpose.
When you write a resume, your primary purpose is to reach out to a prospective employer, and offer your services in a role.
Writing an entry-level resume requires just a little bit of tact, where experience is concerned. Since you do not have much experience to boast here, it is best to concentrate on your skills.
If you have had some volunteer or internship experience, you can always put that in to maximize your chances. To see how this can be done successfully, have a look at the following resume sample for a city carrier position:
City Carrier Assistant Resume Example
1837 Governor’s Boulevard, Dover, DE17644
rob.full @ email . com
CITY CARRIER ASSISTANT
Highly motivated, resourceful, determined, and disciplined individual, with extensive interest in working as a city carrier assistant. Demonstrated ability to assist in the delivery and collection of mail, while maintaining effective public relations with customers.
• Competent in routing or casing all classes of mail in sequence of delivery along established routes.
• Proven ability to assist in the withdrawal of mail from distribution cases, and preparing it in series for efficient delivery.
• Effectively able to handle undeliverable mail following established procedures and protocols.
• Proficient in providing assistance to customers regarding delivery systems and timelines.
|• Mail Sorting||• Scanning Equipment Use||• Stamp Machines|
|• Route Mapping||• Parcel Security||• Sequence Arrangements|
|• COD Handling||• Money Orders||• Delivery Support|
Dover High School, Dover, DE – 2017
High School Diploma
• Chosen to represent the school in 3 school fairs, conducted internationally.
• Volunteered services for the school office, during three summers, between 2014 and 2017.
Intern 1/2017 – 5/2017
The Courier Company, Dover, DE
• Assisted in the collection of mail and distributing it to intended recipients.
• Created bundles of mail, including parcels and letters, according to their destinations.
• Provided customers with information on how to work stamp machines and how many stamps to affix.
• Assisted in loading hauls of mail onto awaiting delivery trucks and arranged them safely.
• Handled money orders, and collected money due for COD fees, and obtained signed receipts.
Excellent professional references available