Bus aides usually work on school buses where their responsibility is to assist the bus driver in keeping order inside the bus. They are responsible for helping students with seating, using assisted devices, and managing behavior concerns.
If you are looking for a job in this field, then you will be required to write a resume, as well as a cover letter.
A bus aide resume is an overview of the applicant’s qualifications, skills, and experiences in bullet points under different headings.
The following resume sample is for you to take reference from!
Sample Resume for Bus Aide Position
Bruceton, TN 66666
Student Assistance | Attention to Detail | Crisis Management
Vigilant and active Bus Aide with 7+ years hands-on experience in assisting the bus driver and maintaining the safe and orderly conduct of students on the bus. Proficient in providing instructions to students regarding safety. Ability to handle emergencies. Current driver’s license with the ability to drive a bus when needed.
• Professional demeanor and appearance
• Ability to operate a two-way radio
• Exceptional ability to remain calm and composed in stressful situations
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Sound emotional judgment
ABC School – Bruceton, TN
• Evacuate a bus full of junior school students in the event of an emergency
• Assist students board and depart school buses carefully
• Assure that each child took with him or her his or her own belongings
• Ensure that the bus driver is never distracted from driving
• Supervise students in terms of behavioral problems
Curtin High School – Bruceton, TN
• Implemented a plan for evacuation by managing successful drills on a regular basis
• Assisted young or disabled students in boarding and departing the bus
• Performed evacuation drills on a regular basis
• Performed first aid and CPR when needed
High School Diploma
Bruceton High School, Bruceton, TN
Professional Summary Examples for Bus Aide Resume
A Bus Aide professional summary serves to attract the hiring manager to read the rest of the resume. It will also pique the reader’s interest in the job profile of the bus aide, and will eventually lead to the interview.
Here are 5 summary examples for a bus aide resume.
1. Seasoned Bus Aide with over 6 years of track record of helping passengers embark and disembark to and from buses. Excellent knowledge of announcing stops and route changes. Demonstrated expertise in facilitating seat arrangements, collecting passenger fares, and responding to passengers’ needs and queries.
2. Bus Aide with a deep understanding of assisting in providing safe transport to help passengers enjoy transit routes. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, along with a strong ability to ensure passenger safety all through the ride. Experienced in observing all mandatory safety regulations and protocols.
3. Professional Bus Aide with 4+ years of experience in ensuring the safety and well-being of passengers being transported between destinations. Dedicated and detail-oriented, with excellent knowledge of securing devices for safety restraints, wheelchairs, and seat belts. Expert in handling bus evacuation procedures, and handling other emergencies with excellent professionalism, and urgency.
4. Bus Aide boasting extensive experience in assisting passengers before, during, and after transit periods. Versatile and resourceful individual, with an excellent ability to assist bus drivers in determining short and safe routes to destinations. Able to maintain discipline on the bus in accordance with set rules and regulations. Familiar with maintaining close communications with drivers and driver helpers in order to facilitate their work.
5. Highly skilled and experienced Bus Aide, with excellent knowledge of assisting passengers embarking and disembarking to and from buses. Unmatched ability to lift and carry passengers with physical disabilities, according to their individual needs. Exceptionally talented in communicating with passengers in order to ensure their safety and well-being.