You can probably forget about getting the school bus aide job if you haven’t been able to present the most important information about yourself in the top half of your bus aide resume! Know about the 20 second rule? Hiring managers take about that long to decide if your resume is worth a read or trash-able! Unfair, it is. But there isn’t much you can do about it. You have to bear with it and play along.
A resume for school bus aide position is a document that provides hiring managers with information which is vital to their success. They use this information to assess your potential for a successful job match. Your focus should be on the employer’s needs and not your own. Take a complete inventory of your resources before you begin writing a resume and make sure that you place particular emphasis on achievements, especially as they relate to work experience.
The same is done in this resume sample for a school bus aide position:
259 Bluff Road ● Lancaster ● WI 58954 ● (000) 454-5241 ● jean.price @ email . com
SCHOOL BUS AIDE
Performance Summary: Positive, confident bus aide who is known for ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children being transported between destinations. Adept at following mandated child restraint procedures by ensuring that children are properly positioned and restrained during their journeys.
• Focused on providing a safe passage to children by making certain that they follow the rules of boarding and disembarking from the bus.
• Unmatched ability to assist children with special need board buses, ensure their comfort and keep them safe from bullying.
• Proven record of demonstrating a positive, caring and supportive attitude to children, including engaging them in conversation when appropriate.
• Qualified to handle emergencies such as accidents and onboard medical crisis with tact and calm.
SPECIAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
|• Special Needs Assistance||• Route Mapping||• Bus Evacuation Plans|
|• Emergency Response||• Behavior Management||• Student Monitoring|
|• Disciplinary Actions||• Record-keeping||• Safe Embarking/Disembarking|
|• Traffic Laws||• Complaint Handling||• Student Restraint|
BUCKEYE UNION SCHOOL, Lancaster, WI (8/2008 to Present)
School Bus Aide
• Assist students in embarking and disembarking from the bus in a safe manner
• Provide special care to students with special needs or limitations
• Ascertain that all students are properly restrained by putting seatbelts on them and ensuring that babies are properly seated in baby seats
• Monitor students with special needs to during the course of the journey
• Report observations such as traffic violations in a bid to ensure that they do not happen again
• Secure students’ bags properly and ensure that wheelchairs are tied down and ramps are folded
• Check bus after all students have disembarked and collect and hand in any items left behind
• Provide instructions to students regarding onboard safety and lead the emergency exit processes
• Saved 45 children from a potentially fatal accident by taking control of the bus when the driver had a stroke while driving
• Created and implemented a series of activities to keep young children engaged and out of trouble until they reach their homes or schools
• Performed First Aid on a student who had convulsions onboard the bus, thereby saving his life
• Introduced and trained the driver in using the GPS which reduced time on the road by 60% on most routes
ST. JULIAN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, Lancaster, WI (1/2005 to 8/2008)
• Assisted fellow students in embarking and disembarking school buses
• Created and maintained logs of all students who have used bus services in a day
• Ascertained that all students are properly restrained and assisted small children by belting them in
• Provided emergency services such as First Aid in cases of accidents or medical crises
• Assisted the driver in properly securing students’ school and bus bags
ST. JULIAN HIGH SCHOOL, Lancaster, WI – 2004
High School Diploma
Last updated on