If you are an animal lover and are looking for a job in this capacity, working as a kennel assistant may interest you.
Kennel assistants look after pets in the absence of their owners and are required to provide them with more than the original owner.
If you want a kennel assistant job you need a strong resume that focuses on your relevant skills and capabilities.
The following kennel assistant resume sample will help you craft your job application.
Kennel Assistant Resume Example 1
778 Lewis Drive
Nashville, TN 73837
Natural ability to look after animals and provide excellence in animal care.
• 8+ years of dedicated experience working as a Kennel Assistant
• Highly skilled in managing physical and emotional demands of animals
• Hands-on experience of charting out and implementing exercise and training programs dependant on the animal type
• Well versed with medical procedures on animals
• Wrote a manual for new hires on the different nutrition and exercise needs of popular pets.
• Trained several new hires in working efficiently in a kennel environment.
Sunkist Kennel Services – Nashville, TN
• Help animals with exercise programs on a daily basis
• Provide animals with food and water
• Clean and serviced cages and open spaces
• Groom and bathed animals on a regular basis
ATY LLC – Nashville, TN
• Provided medical assistance as and when necessary
• Assisted with the maintenance of the premises
• Managed paperwork for customer
• Managed inventory of kennel supplies
High School Diploma
ST. PETER’S COMMUNITY SCHOOL, Nashville, TN – 2009
• Excellent physical dexterity
• Ability to work on a rotating shift
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Exceptional ability to prioritize work
Kennel Assistant Resume Sample 2
15 S King Street, Centralia, WA 78532
rose.long @ email . com
• Compassionate and devoted kennel assistant with an inherent love for animals and 13+ years of experience in providing basic pet care.
• Able to efficiently monitor pet movement and ensure their safety and wellbeing.
• Extensive capability of managing kennels and catteries, both logistically and in terms of direct animal care.
• Ability to identify a wide range of dog breeds on sight and provide information on their characteristic behaviors.
• Adept at restraining animals during veterinary procedures by ensuring both their safety and that of the practicing veterinary doctor.
• Demonstrated ability to examine animals to detect behavioral changes and clinical symptoms indicating illness or injury.
COMPANION ANIMAL HOSPITAL, Centralia, WA
(5/2013 to Present)
• Examine animals to determine their physical conditions and log findings.
• Determine the type of treatment needed before animals can be made part of the residential kennel services.
• Keep enclosures clean and sanitized on a daily basis.
• Ensure that kennel animals are timely fed, bathed, and groomed.
• Take specimens for testing purposes and interpret results.
• Provide new families with education on pet care and handling emergencies.
• Assist pet owners in understanding their pets’ limitations and special skills.
• Restrain dangerous or scared animals and ensure that they are safely removed from areas that house people.
• Clean and sanitize surfaces such as examination tables and surgical beds.
• Maintain supplies inventory and liaison with vendors to ensure timely delivery.
• Reined in a free pet camp, through which 87% of the city’s pets were vaccinated.
• Discovered a rare form of dog depression, now coined Dudd Syndrome in the State of Washington.
• Implemented a series of dog exercises for pets being kept at the kennel for sale or recovery purposes.
• Restrained a particularly agitated Doberman, thereby potentially saving the life of a little girl he was about to pounce on.
Animal Care Aide
JUST PETS, Centralia, WA
(1/2008 to 5/2013)
• Assisted in checking animals for diseases or conditions before admitting them into the kennel.
• Handled first information services by providing pet seekers with information on available breeds.
• Cleaned and sanitized animal enclosures, examination tables, and surgical areas.
• Managed supplies and equipment inventory and kept in close contact with vendors to ensure timely supplies.
• Provided pet education to new families to ensure the well-being and health of both owners and pets.
High School Diploma
CENTRALIA HIGH SCHOOL, Centralia, WA – 2001
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
• Feed Preparation
• Animal Physicals
• Pet Examination
• Laboratory Assistance
• Surgical Procedures
• Safe Chemical Use
• Inventory Handling
• Exercise Regimens
• Pet Screening
• Owner Education