Whether it is a cover letter that you are writing or a call center agent resume, your skills should be the focal point of your writing efforts. Even when you meet with a prospective employer, you should know exactly what your core skills are so that you do not stumble when you are tested on them. What makes up an individual’s skills? The fact that you are capable of doing things that the hiring manager wants you to constitute as skills.
There are many ways to articulate your skills in your job application documents. One of them is to simply write them down in bulleted statements. This is one of the easiest ways of reaching out to a prospective employer, as bulleted points are almost always easy to read and understand.
While there is no rule against writing your skills in a prose form, it is best to do this when you are writing a cover letter, and not the resume. Making a list of all that you have learnt over the years is important. This list will also help you when you are sitting in front of a prospective employer (during an interview), and are asked the famous why should we hire you question.
Here are a few statements that you can use to outline your skills in an Outbound Call Center Agent resume:
• Track record of success making a large number of outbound calls within one work day, aimed at bringing in more business for the company
• Ability to call both prospective and existing customers to provide them with deep insight about the company’s products and services
• Able to respond appropriately to questions and queries posed by potential and existing customers
• Effectively recognizes failed efforts to make sales, and politely truncating calls to minimize time wastage
• Hands-on experience in generating positive leads and following up on them to realize them into actual sales
• Unique combination of skills in identifying customers’ needs over the telephone by interviewing them, and providing them with viable solutions
• Deep familiarity with keeping records of all conversations with customers in a comprehensible manner
• First-hand experience in building sustainable relationships with new customers, and providing them with high quality services to ensure retention
• Proven ability to follow communication scripts designed especially for different topics
• Especially talented in seizing opportunities to upsell products and services during sales calls
• Familiar with providing customers with information on outstanding bills and due dates, without antagonizing them
• Strong comprehension of handling complaints and irate customers by remaining calm and analyzing the situation for a quick resolution