Freight Broker Resume Writing Tips
At the time of writing a resume for a freight broker position, make sure that you have collected all the information beforehand.
This would include your skills, competencies, experience, and accomplishments primarily. Of course, education needs to go into the resume as well.
As far as the format is concerned, you have to choose what works for you best.
Resume formats are not position dependent which means that you can use any friendly one for a freight broker position.
Have a look at the following freight broker resume sample:
See also: Freight Broker Cover Letter Sample
Freight Broker Resume Sample
87 Atlantic Drive, Greenville, SC76010
Freight broker with 15+ years of experience in acting as a liaison between customers and freight carriers. Highly skilled in securing new accounts, and communicating effectively with dispatchers and drivers.
• Introduced a unique tracking system, as a result, decreased tracking time by 55%.
• Implemented a sales generation program, hence, increased customer base by 50%.
• Negotiated a business contract, which brought in a huge amount of corporate business.
• Handled a particularly difficult issue, thereby, retaining an important corporate client.
Comcar Industries, Greenville, SC | 2013 – Present
• Perform business to business relationship building tasks.
• Manage accounts in order to retain current business relationships.
• Build new clientele through marketing and sales efforts.
• Identify opportunities for account penetration.
• Create and implement pick-up and delivery schedules.
• Track shipments in order to ensure timeliness and accuracy of delivery.
• Resolve freight discrepancies.
• Identify the right carriers for freight services.
• Maintain constant contact with carriers.
• Check import and export documentation in order to ensure accuracy and completeness.
• Inspect and count items received, and check them against invoices.
• Negotiate contracts and cost of goods movement.
• Oversee the checking of stored items.
• Monitor the assembly of containers and crates used to transport goods.
Park Land Inc., Greenville, SC | 2005-2013
• Checked work orders to determine import and export tasks.
• Prepared crates and cartons in order to fill out orders.
• Created bills of lading as well as other shipping documents.
• Determined shipping methods.
• Inspected and counted items in order to ensure parity.
• Created files and records of all incoming and outgoing shipments.
High School Diploma
Greenville High School, Greenville, SC – 2004