Service advisors work more commonly in the automotive industry although you may find them in other sectors that have a service to boast of.
They are usually the first person a customer will meet and are required to assist customers in deciphering what they want and how a service advisor may work to fill that demand.
People – with less or no experience – applying for this position will need to ensure that they highlight their attributes and skills in their resumes. The following example shows how this may be done.
Related: Service Advisor Cover Letter
Service Advisor Resume Sample (Less or No Experience)
70 Glenn Lily Road
Bowling Green, KY 67311
• Over 2 years of experience as a service advisor
• Demonstrated ability to identify customers’ needs and satisfy them accordingly
• First-hand experience in deciphering vehicle issues by questioning customers
• Proven ability to create and maintain professional relationships with mechanics, technicians, and foremen
• Highly skilled in providing tier-one advisory services
• Provided a complete advisory package to a corporate client thereby bringing in recurring business for over three years.
• Trained three groups of new hires for working as service advisors by focusing on product knowledge and customer orientation exercises.
Techautos – Bowling Green, KY
Apr 2021 – Nov 2022
• Served as the primary point of contact for customers
• Communicated status of job service as necessary
• Worked with customers to identify service needs
• Advised customers of needed repairs when appropriate
• Determined product warranty status and assisted in processing customers’ warranty claims
• Maintained liaison with managers to ensure priority work management
High School Diploma
Bowling Green High School, Bowling Green, KY –
• Excellent customer service skills
• Able to work on a rotating shift
• Sound mechanical knowledge
• Positive attitude
• Exceptional interpersonal skills
• Well-honed computer and accounting skills