Service advisors work more commonly in the automotive industry although you may find them in other sectors that have a service to boast of.
They are usually the first person a customer will meet and are required to assist customers in deciphering what they want and how a service advisor may work to fill that demand.
People applying for this position will need to ensure that they highlight their attributes and skills in their resumes.
The following sample resumes for the service advisor position will help you build a targeted resume.
Related: Service Advisor Cover Letter
Service Advisor Resume Sample 1
Bowling Green, KY
• Over 2 years of experience as a service advisor
• Demonstrated ability to identify customers’ needs and satisfy them accordingly
• First-hand experience in deciphering vehicle issues by questioning customers
• Proven ability to create and maintain professional relationships with mechanics, technicians, and foremen
• Highly skilled in providing tier-one advisory services
• Provided a complete advisory package to a corporate client thereby bringing in recurring business for over three years.
• Trained three groups of new hires for working as service advisors by focusing on product knowledge and customer orientation exercises.
Techautos – Bowling Green, KY
Apr 2021 – May 2023
• Served as the primary point of contact for customers
• Communicated status of job service as necessary
• Worked with customers to identify service needs
• Advised customers of needed repairs when appropriate
• Determined product warranty status and assisted in processing customers’ warranty claims
• Maintained liaison with managers to ensure priority work management
High School Diploma
Bowling Green High School, Bowling Green, KY –
• Excellent customer service skills
• Able to work on a rotating shift
• Sound mechanical knowledge
• Positive attitude
• Exceptional interpersonal skills
• Well-honed computer and accounting skills
Service Advisor Resume Sample 2
ter.trump @ email . com
The dedicated and experienced service advisor, known for quickly and accurately ascertaining automotive problems and providing spot-on solutions. Highly developed sense of responsibility with deep insight into providing high customer services in a bid to ensure repeat business. Prepares repair orders by describing symptoms, causes, and problems discovered, along with required repairs and services. A customer service-oriented individual who builds long-term rapport with clients to generate repeat business.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
• Visual Inspection • Problem Sensitivity
• Cost Estimation • Service Appointments Scheduling
• Progress Management • Documentation
• Multiple Priorities Handling
• Mechanical Problems Identification
• Complaint Handling • Problem Diagnosis
Telsa Motors, Tampa, FL
May 2019- Present
• Troubleshot a particularly difficult transmission issue with a vehicle, which had gone undiagnosed for over 3 months.
• Implemented a cost estimation process, which automatically made calculations based on provided data pertaining to vehicular problems.
• Retained a miffed corporate customer (mishandled by another service advisor), by providing him with exceptional follow-up services.
• Introduced a customer scheduling system that diminished the chances of overlapping appointments.
• Confer with customers to determine problems with their vehicles and take notes
• Examine vehicles to determine issues by inspecting and test-driving them
• Answer telephone calls and emails to respond to customers’ queries regarding facilities and services
• Determine if technical solutions can be resolved over the telephone and escalate bigger problems to foremen or services managers
• Figure out vehicular problems and make a list of issues so that cost estimation can be expedited
Toyota City Motors, Tampa, FL
Mar 2016 – May 2019
• Estimated and explained the cost of each procedure, part, or service
• Communicated estimated completion time and followed up with servicemen to ensure that each process is completed on time
• Coordinated delivery or pick-up time between customers and servicemen and ensure timely delivery of the vehicle
• Resolved any issues or complaints on a priority basis
Auto Appearance, Tampa, FL
Jul 2014 – Mar 2016
• Cleaned cars from the inside and outside using designated products such as cleaners and buffers
• Washed cars by hand or guided them through car washes to ensure that their exterior is properly washed
• Polished cars from the outside and inside by following set polishing techniques
• Assisted in tire rotation and pressure maintenance activities and ensured that any problems such as punctures or leaks are communicated to the customer
• Inspected vehicles for damages or problems in a bid to make sure that they are road-worthy
High School Diploma
Community High School, Tampa, FL
Service Advisor Skills for Resume
- Determining and troubleshooting vehicle problems
- Recommending required services
- Timely delivery
- Appointment scheduling
- Researching vehicle service history
- Inspecting vehicles
- Collaboration with technicians
- Cost Estimation
- Preparing repair orders
- Verifying warranties and service contract coverages
- Examining records
- Customer Service
- Time management
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Active listening