The quality of your school office assistant resume is determined by the content that it holds within it.
A resume is not considered a well-written one unless it has all the “ingredients” that the hiring manager wants.
To see what a well-developed resume for school office assistant position looks like, take a look at the following sample:
School Office Assistant Resume Sample
4848 Independence Drive | Hampton, VA 17404 | (000) 999-2014 | tinaross @ email . com
SCHOOL OFFICE ASSISTANT
Highly organized and dependable office assistant with exceptional exposure to working in an academic setting. Proficient in providing admissions information to parents and operational support to the school office. A dynamic, and flexible individual who takes and execute instructions accurately. Willing to perform all kinds of additional duties as assigned. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
|✓ PABX Handling||✓ Filing System Management|
|✓ Staff Scheduling||✓ Inventory Control|
|✓ Bookkeeping Support||✓ Data Retrieval|
|✓ Pick-up Approval||✓ Attendance Records Maintenance|
|✓ Admissions Support||✓ Electronic Data Management|
|✓ Equipment Maintenance||✓ Health and Safety Protocols|
Process Improvement: Revamped the attendance recording system, making it 65% more efficient than before.
Inventory Management: Successfully implemented an inventory control system which sounded alerts at 15% stock level.
Health and Safety: Implemented a series of health and safety protocols which decreased instances of student injuries by 75%.
Scheduling: Introduced a dynamic staff scheduling system, resulting in 85% increased efficiency.
School Office Assistant
Highline Public Schools, Hampton, VA | 5/2011 – Present
• Greet students and parents as they arrive at the school office and provide them with required information
• Handle the PABX system, take and relay messages and transfer calls to intended recipients
• Assist prospective students in filling out registration and admission forms by providing them with required field information
• Provide students and parents with information on admission fees and term schedules
• Create and distribute staff schedules and ensure that they are appropriately followed
• Develop and maintain electronic filing and records management systems and ensure that data confidentiality is assured
• Take and verify requests of information retrieval and ensure that records are properly and timely updated
• Oversee the inventory system to ensure timely obtainment of school office supplies and equipment
School Office Aide
Resolute Academy, Hampton, VA | 2/2008 – 5/2011
• Handled the PABX system to transfer calls to school executives and staff members
• Created and maintained records of students and ensured that it was properly updated
• Handed out supplies and inventory such as stationery and projectors and ensured that they were properly accounted for
• Provided information of the school’s facilities and offered courses to new students and assisted them in filling out forms
• Verified students’ history such as past records and admissions as part of the school verification process
Community College, Hampton, VA | 2007
30 hours training in Office Administration
St. Peter’s High School, Hampton, VA | 2006
High School Diploma
“I am committed to creating a comfortable school office environment for students, teachers, staff and parents.”