A resume is an essential document that cannot be skipped by a job seeker, no matter what the case may be.
Having said that, one definitely needs to write a compelling resume that not only highlights their competencies but also speaks directly to the employers’ needs.
While candidates generally have ample time to compile a resume, employers usually do not read it in detail. Therefore, you must write your resume in a way that grabs the reader’s attention in 10 seconds.
Take a look at the sample given below to get help in building a compelling resume.
Sample Resume for Administrative Specialist Position
443 Alexander Avenue
Lawrenceville, GA 56909
kevin . fielder @ email . com
Detail-oriented and meticulous administrative specialist with 9+ years of hands-on experience in providing high-quality managerial support to the office and executives. Track record of running the organizational machinery of the assigned office smoothly. A self-starter with profound communication skills along with a proven ability to work well under high-pressure environments with minimum supervision
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Record Keeping
- Meeting Organization
- Office Management
- Database Retrieval
- Payroll Processing
- Stay and Travel Arrangements
- Calendar Keeping
- Appointment Scheduling
- Personnel Communication
- Supplies Replenishment
- Meeting Minutes
- Correspondence Handling
TANGIBLE CORPORATION, Lawrenceville, GA
August 2013 – Present
• Maintain the executive’s calendar and schedule appointments
• Serve as liaison between employees and management
• Over-see venue booking arrangements for meetings and conferences
• Make travel and stay arrangements for meeting delegates
• Prepare and submit weekly ad-hoc and special reports
• Manage the employee and company database confidentially
• Reduced operational costs of the office by 30% through implementation of cost-effective and energy-saving SOPs.
• Saved up to $15K annually by proactively securing a long-term contract with American airlines and bargaining for discounted airfare for conference delegates and speakers.
INSUIT Inc. Lawrenceville, GA
March 2009 – July 2013
• Maintained the office in a neat and clean condition
• Fielded phone calls and handled correspondence
• Kept track of employee leaves and absences
• Set up audiovisual equipment in the conference room prior to meetings
• Prepared, photocopied, and distributed meeting related material timely
• Replenished stationery and other office supplies
Associate’s Degree in Office Administration
ABC INSTITUTE, Lawrenceville, GA – 2006
• Multilingual: Fluent in English, French, and Spanish
• Computer: Proficient in MS office suite, Internet, and email