There is only one way in which you can begin a resume to apply for an administrative specialist position, and that is to write a summary or objective statement.
This will ensure that the hiring manager is aware of some information about what you are capable of doing in this role.
It is true that the rest of the Administrative Specialist resume and the cover letter also possess this information.
However, you need to begin your resume with a bang, and that is only possible if you start with a summary.
Specifically, you must highlight Administrative Specialist skills and qualifications when writing a resume summary.
This would include knowledge of developing budgets, staff orientation, and departmental planning, to name a few.
Although you cannot write too much in a resume summary, it is imperative to write at least enough to pique the hiring manager’s interest.
Make sure that your summary for an administrative specialist resume is spot on with the recruiter’s requirements.
5 Summary Examples for Administrative Specialist Resume
1. Seasoned administrative specialist with over five years of experience in administering programs and complex processes. Exceptionally talented in supervising the work of support role employees. Demonstrated ability to assign and monitor workload across the assigned department. AS Degree in Office Management. Strong computer skills.
2. Exceptionally talented Administrative Specialist with 3+ years of solid track record in providing administrative support across different departments. Highly knowledgeable about supporting recruitment processes and handling communications and marketing efforts. Documented success in planning and coordinating meetings and corporate events in accordance with set requirements.
3. Top-performing Administrative Specialist boasting 10+ years of experience in performing administrative and technical duties such as special projects assistance and calendar management. Especially talented in overseeing the clerical and administrative needs of each project module. Highly skilled in organizing training, client meetings, and events.
4. Resourceful and organized individual, with a solid track record of effectively handling and overseeing administrative tasks associated with assigned programs and plans. Deeply familiar with determining administrative issues and providing interventions as and when necessary. Proficient in managing calendars, and providing corporate event management support.
5. An ambitious individual with proven ability to plan and oversee administrative support for all assigned departments. Unmatched talent to review and revise work orders, and provide support to project documentation preparing and processing. Experienced in coordinating administrative activities involved in human resources, including recruitment and induction.