Payroll accountants work in all kinds of industries where their main job is to ensure the accuracy of payroll reports, times sheets, and funds distribution.
They develop reporting processes and internal controls to ensure appropriate financial processes. To be eligible for this position, you will need to have a degree in finance or accounting.
When you write a resume for applying for this position, make sure that you specify any payroll accounting skills that you have in order for the employer to see you as a good candidate for this position.
The following resume is for you to take ideas from when writing your own.
Sample Resume for Payroll Accountant Position
1927 Trentwood Tri
Lancaster, NY 66729
• Focused accounting professional with 12+ years’ extensive experience in the accounting arena.
• Effective skills in maintaining employee payroll accounts with a keen eye for identifying discrepancies.
• Detail-oriented with strong analytic skills aimed at producing quality work under strict deadlines.
• Strong knowledge of GAAP and using computerized accounting systems to manage effective payroll activities.
• Well versed in analyzing financial statements on a trended basis.
• Keen knowledge of managing process improvement strategies in compliance with standard protocols and procedures.
• Comprehensive understanding of reconciling payroll liability accounts.
• Ability to create, add to and maintain payroll procedural manuals.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Balance sheet reconciliation
• Audit and tax supporting
• Journal entries
• Fixed assets maintenance
• Month-end close process
• Process improvement strategies
ACCOMPLISHMENTS IN PAYROLL ACCOUNTING
• Streamlined departmental payroll operations by introducing Easy Pay software.
• Trained three teams of payroll clerks (to be deployed in five different office locations) in handling payroll functions.
• Introduced the Tax Overhaul project which is aimed at ensuring accurate year-end tax return tasks.
• Identified several glitches in the payroll system and provided appropriate recommendations which engendered accuracy and speed in managing payrolls.
Emuler, Lancaster, NY
2015 – Present
• Maintain time clocks, data entry, and payroll deduction activities
• Calculate information from timesheets and prepare and issue checks
• Calculate vacation accruals in an accurate manner
• Track employee benefits in accordance with hours of service
• Document all compensation activities
• Prepare and maintain bi-monthly and monthly payroll
• Assist in monitoring cash flow
• Provide insight when implementing accounting systems
ABC Company, New York City, NY
2006 – 2015
• Processed payroll on a monthly basis
• Managed employee compensation programs
• Coordinated and processed irregular payments
• Processed employee address changes, tax levies, and garnishments
• Managed employee status change requests
• Assisted in processing timesheets and vacation accrual
Associate’s Degree in Accounting
New York State College, New York, NY – 2005