The following job description statements will assist you in creating an effective experience section for the Payroll Accountant Resume.
You can select 5-6 statements when writing the experience section of your resume.
Sample Job Description for Payroll Accountant Resume
• Accurately processed payroll as well as monitored vacation/benefit accruals independently.
• Actively managed wage garnishments and processed termination checks.
• Accepted accountability for the overall teamwork and stood responsible for meeting the deadlines.
• Assisted HR department with compensation and benefits for payroll-related tasks like processing benefits premiums, wage ceilings, long-term disability claims, life insurance, group health insurance, fringe benefits, and overtime pay analysis.
• Assisted internal and external auditing procedures related to payroll by following company standards and policies.
• Monitored and reviewed complete payroll accounts for verification of accuracy and in case of any discrepancies made appropriate corrections and updates, at the end of every month.
• Communicated effectively with all staff responding to their requests and inquiries related to payroll information.
• Correctly made payroll-related general ledger journal entries for each record.
• Created and dispersed payroll vouchers to the company employees every month on the payday.
• Created benefit audits and reports for terminated/retired employees.
• Maintained perfect reconciliations of balance sheet accounts related to the payroll.
• Executed special research projects regarding payroll management and for detailed analysis of financial facets of payroll.
• Gave suggestions to the management for the policy and procedure updates and refreshers related to payroll management and its financial aspects.
• Organized and maintained outstanding payroll checks and lists in coordination with the HR department.
• Managed the contacts and communicated regularly with all the internal and external stakeholders ensuring effective flow of information.
• Organized files, accounts, ledgers, records, employee books for payroll documents, and other related purposes.
• Prepared SDLs – Salary Distribution Journals and other distribution journals every month for payroll accounts.
• Processed and prepared corporate payroll using Pay Expert Application, managing all paperwork for the wire transfers, and generated return funds.
• Processed payroll changes for new hires and terminations ensuring accuracy and timeliness of the process.
• Proficiently used PRG (Millennium) payroll and TMx labor scheduling software applications for effective payroll management.
• Resolved all issues related to payroll tax payments and reported after every pay run making sure that all filings were accurately represented by the tax service provider.
• Reconciled tax payments for federal, state, and local payroll as well as returns for multiple authorities on a monthly basis.
• Timely prepared, verified, and reconciled monthly, quarterly, and yearly ad hoc, accruals and allowances reports (related to payroll management).
• Accurately compiled, examined and scrutinized payroll costs and calculated reimbursable expenses.