Accounts Payable managers coordinate and oversee activities of workers engaged in calculating and posting. They are also responsible for obtaining and recording financial data for use in maintaining accounts payable and statistical records.
The desired candidate should have more than 2 years of experience in the same field as well as a Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, finance or any other related field.
This position not only deals with managing monthly closing of financial records, posting of month end information; ensuring accuracy of financial statements but also in maintaining internal controls for Payable Department by applying recognized accounting procedures, state and federal laws and industry standards.
Follow the sample below when writing or updating your resume for accounts payable manager position.
Accounts Payable Manager Resume Example
Shelter Steppes, Apt. # 08 • Tustin, CA 87676
(000) 007-5023 • Email
*Accounts Payable Manager*
PROFILE: Customer-focused accounting professional with over 8 years’ experience in effectively reviewing accounts payable aging reports and payment requests from suppliers and employees. Demonstrated ability to ensure timely approval of invoices and payments, rationally identifying procedure-enhancing processes, keenly researching corrective actions for problem invoices.
Astonishingly uses metrics and key reports to ensure overall operation is producing the required output. 1099 and 1096 filing experience and substantial knowledge of processing invoices and payments in multiple currencies.
BowTech – Athens, Texas. [06/ 2005 – 07/2013]
Accounts Payable Manager
• Managed special projects as assigned, operated effectively under changing circumstances
• Developed and maintained internal controls and provided guidance to staff on system issues and coordinated system upgrades
• Recommended, developed and implemented new processes to continually improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the department
• Effectively managed a team by recruiting, developing, setting priorities and providing clear direction to the employees
• Provided overall leadership to the department ensuring all deadlines are met and customer issues, concerns and questions are resolved in accordance with the company’s and State’s policies and regulations
• Provided direction and planning to the department to ensure that all departmental processes are performed properly and in a timely manner and that department projects are kept on target
Henkels & McCoy – Baytown, TX [11/05/1999 – 07/2013]
Accounts Payable Supervisor
• Established and monitored the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures
• Managed accounts payable to ensure accuracy and timeliness as well as addressed performance issues and making recommendations for personnel actions
• Resolved invoice coding discrepancies and irregularities
• Improved Customer Vendor Relations, and the AP disbursement group which handled all check disbursements
• Utilized accounting software including Great Plains to ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year end close
• Directed and coordinated all AP activities and daily problem resolution in the following areas: vouchers, vendor payments, expense reimbursements, and 1099 reportable activities
• Trained and developed AP personnel to perform at a high rate of accuracy and productivity
Albany School of Business, McKesson University, Carrollton, TX – 1998
Bachelor of Science in Accounting
• Oracle and invoice scanning software
• Large ERP AP system including: PeopleSoft, SAP, Lawson
• Microsoft Office: Word, Outlook; Excel: Pivot tables, VLookup
Last updated on