An accounting department needs many people to run their operations smoothly. There are lots of individuals involved who perform different tasks to ensure that all accounting procedures are kept in check.
Accounts assistants work in a support position within the accounts department of a company. They receive and process invoices, make checks ready, and perform other functions such as managing filing functions and even handling petty cash. They also provide support to accountants by verifying financial calculations and managing ledger entries.
When writing a resume for an accounts assistant position, there is much to write about regarding experience with calculations and knowledge of financial principles.
This information, when aptly specified in a resume, can prove to be a deciding point for an employer to hire you.
Professionals for accounts assistant positions have designed the following resume sample. You may customize this example as per your specific needs.
Accounts Assistant Resume Example 1
783 Walnut Street, La Place, LA 78399
Accomplished and dependable professional with 10+ years’ verifiable record of performing accounting activities in fast-paced and collaborative environments. Highly experienced in managing manual and automatic clearing of accounts. In-depth knowledge of accounting policies and procedures. Conversant with managing reconciliation and credit control procedures.
– Numeric calculations
– Legal aspects of collections
– Managing multiple accounts simultaneously
– “Can do” attitude
– Exceptional organizational skills
– Excellent work ethics
Allianz Worldwide, La Place, LA
Dec 2008 – Present
• Sort accounting documents and file them appropriately.
• Verify the accuracy of financial reports.
• Manage data entry procedures.
• Reconcile financial accounts.
• Manage credit control and sales order processing.
• Manage accounts receivables and payables.
• Manage bank credits and checks.
• Efficiently assisted in preparing ledgers, balance sheets, and trial balances. Decreased preparation time by 30%.
• Collaborated with data entry operators to design and maintain spreadsheets.
• Performed pre-audit procedures which allowed accurate audits.
Geo Enviro-Tech, La Place, LA
Jan 2007 – Dec 2008
• Assisted in managing accounts receivables and payables procedures.
• Maintained spreadsheets as instructed.
• Managed data entry services for accounting procedures.
• Supported in cash allocation processes.
• Verified information on financial documents which resulted in 100% accuracy.
• Performed research duties. Reduced overall research costs by 20% while maintaining superior service levels.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting & Finance
Louisiana State University, La Place, LA – 2006
• Proficient in working on IBM and Mac platforms
• Excellent knowledge of MS Excel, EasySpread II, and Peachtree Accounting
• Expert user of Quicken, DacEasy, and LedgerRight
Accounts Assistant Resume Sample 2
882 Red Fox Ave, Pinehurst, NC 28374
mcih.phips @ email . com
9+ years’ solid track record of providing well-placed and accurate administrative and accounting support to accountants. Highly experienced in working with complex spreadsheets, sales and purchase ledgers, and journals.
ACHIEVEMENTS AS AN ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT
• Devised a foolproof method to obtain partial payments from account holders who were reluctant to pay their debts.
• Streamlined the accounts payable system by implementing a series of strategies that proved to be highly beneficial to the process.
• Reduced company expenses by 65% by suggesting the use of alternate energy during peak office hours.
• Implemented a novel accounts reconciliation system, which proved to be 99% accurate in handling discrepancies.
HAI Group, Pinehurst, NC | 2012 – Present
• Prepare financial documents including invoices, bills and accounts receivable and payable.
• Create and complete purchase orders, and handle payroll functions as instructed.
• Complete bank reconciliations, and ensure that any discrepancies are immediately managed.
• Process business expenses, manage company ledgers, and provide assistance with budgets.
• Verify balances in accounts books, and ensure that all day to day transactions are properly managed.
• Record office expenses, ensuring that they remain within provided budgets for each area.
• Create and maintain reports of debtors, and perform follow up services to ensure that outstanding payments are acquired.
• Sort financial documents, ensuring that they are posted to correct accounts, and resolve errors in financial reports.
Macmillan, Pinehurst, NC | 2008 – 2012
• Collected bills and invoices and ensured that they were delivered to the right departments.
• Performed data entry work to punch accounts information into the system.
• Assisted in preparing annual budgets, and verifying bank deposits.
• Handled accruals and prepayments, and encoded accounting entries to data processing purposes.
• Provided support in determining causes of discrepancies, aiming to resolve them in real-time.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting & Finance
North Carolina State University, Pinehurst, NC – 2007
✓ Bank Deposits Preparation
✓ Accounts Reconciliation
✓ Financial Reports Preparation
✓ A/P and A/R Support
✓ Data Entry
✓ Discrepancy Management