From taking preliminary client information concerning their individual goals of preparing food that will do the trick, dietary aides do it all!
Dietary aides confer with clients to understand their diet plans and discuss their nutritional missions with a dietician. They are instrumental in assisting dieticians to chart out plans of action for their clients.
Once a diet plan has been determined, a dietary aide must ensure that it is carried out appropriately. It may include managing food preparation for food service programs. They follow designated recipes and observe how clients eat to determine further plans of action.
Working in both private and commercial capacities, dietary aides perform an important role in the healthcare industry. Many states require dietary aides to possess dietetic technician certificates for them to qualify for this position.
If you are seeking a dietary aide job, you may be interested in a list of qualifications that will help you make your resume.
Sample Summary of Qualifications for a Dietary Aide Resume
- Well versed in determining clients’ dietary needs through discussion.
- Skilled in developing and implementing individually placed diets.
- Ability to assist with menu planning activities.
- High knowledge of preparing regular and therapeutic food items.
- Special talent for labeling and sorting food items according to their types.
- Proficient in using various types of dietary utensils, equipment, and supplies appropriately.
- Profound knowledge of scheduling meal timings according to patients’ medical needs.
- Known for following defined safety codes when preparing meals.
- Great understanding of following infection control procedures.
- Take clients’ information and record it in the facility database.
- Prepare food according to the health issues of the clients.
- Ensure isolation procedures are followed where necessary.
- Observe clients in order to ensure that food intake is sufficient.
- Report any findings to the dietician and assist in modifying diet plans.
- Serve planned food items to clients.
- Ensure that the kitchen is clean and sanitized at all times.
- Provide recipe information and ingredient elimination information to food preparers.