Bookish knowledge is good, but hands-on work experience is more useful than what one learns in books!
It is common practice for marketing students and new graduates to acquire an internship before entering into professional life.
A marketing graduate will want to learn the ropes of marketing in a real-time environment before working in a position with more responsibility.
Resumes especially written for marketing intern positions need to possess information regarding your skills and knowledge in marketing and any coursework that you may have done during your degree.
This information will help the employer decide where to place you or how to use your knowledge in an internship position.
Marketing interns provide administrative support to the marketing and sales departments of a company.
If you feel this is the right place to start your career, the following resume sample will help you develop a resume of your own for this position.
See also: Marketing Internship Cover Letter
Sample Resume for Marketing Internships
155 Colonial Park Drive, Severn, MD 72900
william.tyler @ email . com
An energetic and highly knowledgeable individual with a keen interest in comprehending and carrying out large-scale marketing campaigns. Seeking a marketing internship at ABC Company to use marketing skills and education to develop and update new and existing marketing campaigns.
Bachelors of Business Administration | 2021
UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND, Severn, MD
• International Marketing
• Public Relations Strategies
• Consumer Buyer Behavior
• Market Research
• Data Analytics
• Advertising and Promotion
• Product and Pricing
• Media Communications
• Sales Management
• Demonstrated ability to engage with managers and sales personnel to brainstorm ideas for innovative marketing campaigns.
• Adept at researching market conditions in assigned target markets.
• Proven ability to work with internal and external stakeholders.
• Skilled in developing communications strategy and materials.
Online Shoe Store
Designed a marketing campaign for a set target market and selected facebook to manage to advertise.
Marketing for SOS Children’s Village
Gathered and analyzed information to promote the cause by providing assistance to homeless and abused children. Performed research activities to determine NGO funding and similar projects operating in Severn.
Koko Power Production
Prepared a marketing plan by collecting information on the need for alternative energy for commercial and business purposes. Devised core business strategies to implement the plan.
Retail Sales Associate
CELLSTAR, Severn, MD
May 2021 – Jul 2021
• Greeted customers, created a sales experience through demonstration of wireless devices.
• Sold cell phones and accessories.
• Managed, tracked and reconciled inventory.
• Maintained exceptional knowledge of the current technology.
• Created and maintained strong working relationships.
• Well versed in developing marketing plans for social media and email messaging
• Hands-on experience in using Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and other social media websites