Accounting clerks play vital roles in managing the accounting procedures of a company.
They provide essential support to the accounting department by employing a variety of methods to ensure smooth accounting functions.
It is essential for accounting clerks to ensure that they apply for a job for this position using the right credentials. Their resume must be up to the mark as far as their skills are concerned.
This is especially true if a candidate is changing career or applying for this position after a hiatus or gap between jobs.
Candidates who possess the urge to work as accounting clerks may take ideas from the following functional resume sample if they are planning to apply for this position; candidates who are applying for this position post-break will find this sample especially interesting.
Accounting Clerk Functional Resume Sample
765 Lakeview Lane, Canton, MI 452621
(999) 999-9999, Email
Motivated and dependable professional with an acute understanding of managing all aspects of financial accounting. In-depth knowledge of performing peripheral functions of accounts management and creating and maintaining appropriate spreadsheets. Well versed in managing accounts discrepancies and reconciliation activities.
• Exceptional understanding of core financial and accounting procedures
• Effective communication and organizational skills
• Proficient in popular payroll and accounting software
• Exemplary attention to detail
Wood-Mizer, Canton, MI | March 2013 – Present
• Generate and maintain accounting records.
• Manage account receivables and payable.
• Reconcile bank statements with general ledgers.
• Create and verify financial reports.
• Assist in determining the value of assets.
• Compile and sort invoices and bills.
• Prepare checks and ready them for mailing.
• Assist in recording charges.
• Streamlined the deposit tallying procedures by incorporating adequate measures to verify payment.
• Resolved seven accounting conflicts within the department by employing strategic substantiation methods.
• Achieved company performance goals by using self-audits for all accounting procedures.
• Trained nine newly hired employees for deployment to three different offices of the company.
Michigan State University
Associate’s Degree in Accounting
• Technology savvy
• Thorough understanding of Peach Tree
• High proficiency level in performing auditing duties
• Demonstrated ability to work in a high volume work environment