General Workers work in almost all kinds of settings and organizations. They usually maintain and repair machines, mechanical tools, buildings, plumbing, electrical, air-conditioning and heating systems. Since their work in primarily to perform any number or types of tasks that help in maintaining an office or factory area, they are required to be jacks-of-all-trades.
General Workers may be asked to ensure that an office or factory environment is kept neat and tidy and that maintenance is looked after. Statistics say that most general workers are required to work in a factory environment 80% of the time which is why they need to be extra dexterous. They may be asked to assist laborers with their work or perform filing and inventory tasks.
A general worker needs to possess a certain skills set that is deemed essential no matter which setting he is working in. They need to be able to understand and carry out safety procedures especially when handling toxic chemicals such as cleaning liquids. They may also be expected to provide excellent customer services as they may be in touch with customers several times a day.
Let us have a look at some of the skills statements that a general worker resume should contain.
General Worker Skills for Resume
• Demonstrated ability to maintain and repair machines, mechanical equipment, and buildings
• Highly skilled in fixing electrical errors and faulty electrical switches
• Able to inspect and analyze problems and comprehend the most excellent way to fix them
• Track record of performing scheduled precautionary maintenance to make sure that equipment continue to run efficiently
• In depth knowledge of assembling and setting up machinery or equipment
• Effective skills in performing common cleaning and upkeeping of buildings and properties