Writing a resume for a 16 year old can be quite a difficult task. Lack of confidence and little or no experience make it even more daunting. But no matter what hindrances are there for inexperienced candidates, resumes are always necessary.
In your resume, you should focus on your transferable skills and capabilities gained through education and real life experiences. Remember, mention only job relevant skills. Also, write any extracurricular activities and volunteer work.
Let us have a look at how a 16 year old will write his or her resume.
16 Year Old Resume Sample
6 Newton Avenue ● Plainville, CT 55343 ● (910) 977-2179 ● Email
CAREER OBJECTIVE: Seeking a position as an Office Assistant with Nepra Inc. Offering comprehensive knowledge of secretarial work, keen attention to detail and excellent communication skills.
City College, Plainville, CT
High School Diploma – 2012
Concentration: Information Technology
QUALIFICATIONS AND STRENGTHS
• In-depth knowledge of basic office operations
• Familiar with manual and electronic record keeping
• Proficient in client care and up-selling
• Thorough understanding of coordinating events like meetings and travel arrangements
• Computer: MS Office Applications and Outlook
• Bilingual: English and Spanish
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Willing to take new challenges and work for long hours
• Good organizational skills
• Typing Speed: 40 WPM
EXPERIENCE AND VOLUNTEER WORK
• Volunteered as candy striper at Trinity Hospital for Children
• Performed voluntary duties for Save Our Ship Children’s Hospital
• Worked as a volunteer for the UNDPs Third World Program
EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITES
• Member of school business society
• Member of Dreamz – the school drama club
• President of the school chess club