Front desk receptionists are tier one contacts for customers and visitors. They may work in different settings but the essence of their work remains same. They greet customers and visitors in a pleasant manner, ask them politely the purpose of their visit and direct them to the right person or department. They also manage telephones and relay messages in addition to performing many administrative tasks such as filing, light bookkeeping and correspondence writing.
People writing resumes for a position that directly reflects a company’s image, must ensure that they highlight their ability to uphold that image. This is especially true for front desk receptionists who are the face of any organization.
The following resume sample will help you apply for a position in this regard.
77 Cool Springs Road | Thaxton, VA 66890 | (000) 100-4121 | [Email]
Professional Summary: Dedicated and proactive individual with 4 years’ effective front desk and customer service experience. Demonstrated ability to maintain a pleasant, positive, and courteous demeanour continually.
• Well-versed in greeting visitors, scheduling appointments, and handling administrative and clerical duties
• Positive attitude and disciplined work ethic
• Adept at answering phones, faxing, and filing
• Computer savvy: Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
• Bilingual: English and Spanish; enjoy working with diverse people and able to multi-task
Front Desk Receptionist | Benchmark, Thaxton, VA May 2011 – Present
• Reorganize the visitor check in/out procedure by introducing an automated identification system
• Attain mid-year bonus following excellent front desk management work in 2011
• Greet visitors, guests and customers as they arrive
• Provide information asked for and direct them to the right departments
• Assist visitors and customers to the right staff member
• Handle telephone calls and direct them to the right recipient
• Distribute incoming mail and manage outgoing correspondence
• Schedule meetings and conferences
• Hand out employee application, memos and notices
Customer Service Assistant | Huskey Trailways – Festus, MO Mar 2009 – May 2011
• Provided valuable support to the marketing department in executing a particularly complex marketing routine
• Offered a front desk receptionist position following provision of exceptional work as an intern
• Handled the switchboard and routed calls
• Assisted guests and visitors by answering queries
• Validated parking tickets
• Assisted in scheduling appointments
• Assisted in coordinating office activities
Thaxton Cummunity School, Thaxton, VA
High School Diploma – 2008
• Able to managing light bookkeeping and accounting procedures
• Fast learner with a keen ability to set and maintain priorities
• Well-organized with strong ability to work under stressful conditions