Executive housekeepers are an essential part of the hospitality industry. Working primarily at hotels, they are expected to supervise cleaning and maintenance activities.
They ensure that all cleanliness and maintenance standards are met and that the work of all custodial staff is coordinated effectively. Executive housekeepers are also responsible for handing schedules and ensuring that the standard operating procedures are followed.
An executive housekeeper’s resume and supplemental information help employers decide whether or not you are qualified for an interview. In your resume, bring your managerial abilities and personnel management skills to the light.
Sample Resume for Executive Housekeeper Position
3319 Halifax Street, Petersburg, VA 77800
Bringing expertise in directing housekeeping programs to ensure clean and orderly conditions of establishment.
Proven leader with 13+ years’ track record of success managing a diverse range of housekeeping tasks and supervising staff. Known for maintaining high standards of excellence in the daily housekeeping operations and leading housekeeping operations following hotel policies and procedures.
Effectively recruit, monitor, and develop housekeeping team members. Very effective in handling queries and complaints in a professional and resolution-oriented manner.
• Special talent for planning, organizing, scheduling, maintaining budgets
• Demonstrated ability to conduct inventories, and place purchase orders
• Extensive experience in staff recruiting and training
Benchmark Resorts and Hotels, Petersburg, VA
Nov 2011 – Present
• Reorganize employee scheduling procedure by introducing a system that works with available timesheet data and assigns work hours dynamically
• Attain Best Employee award following exceptional cleaning and maintenance work practices
• Oversee performance of housekeeping staff
• Ensure maintenance and cleanliness of the hotel on a continuous basis
• Lead and direct housekeeping operations
• Ensure appropriate and safe use of chemicals and cleaning supplies
• Interview, hire and train housekeeping staff
Hyatt, Petersburg, VA
Mar 2008 – Nov 2011
• Commended highly by a guest on the services imparted to him during his three-week stay
• Prepared housekeeping budgets
• Managed employee records
• Prepared daily schedules and timesheets
• Ensured completion of periodic payroll input
• Ordered housekeeping supplies and equipment
• Ensured maintenance of housekeeping equipment at all times
• Inspected guest rooms, lobbies, and other guest areas to ensure cleanliness and tidiness
Wave Crest Hotels & Resorts – Carlsbad, CA
Dec 2005 – Mar 2008
• Offered an executive housekeeper job following supervisor’s recommendation after working at a housekeeper position for a mere two years
• Ensured cleanliness and maintenance of guest rooms and areas
• Performed dusting, mopping, and vacuuming duties
• Washed down bathrooms and replenished supplies
• Turned down beds and changed linen
• Ensured that all linen and towels are delivered to the laundry
• Emptied ashtrays and wastebaskets
Associate’s Degree in Hospitality Management
Carlsbad Community College, Carlsbad, CA – 2005