The Deli or Bakery Clerk arranges, prepares, serves and stocks bakery and deli food products to customers while maintaining high standards of safety and sanitation.
When writing a job description or experience section of a deli clerk resume, remember to write short but explanatory phrases to portray your achievements and job responsibilities. Use action verbs to maximize the impact of your statements. Be short and precise. Ensure that verb tenses and punctuation are constant. Then place the phrases in order of significance to the job duty.
The Job Description and accomplishments on your resume must ultimately be targeted to deal with an employer’s requirements. You may use some of the following phrases which are most relevant to employer’s requirements.
Deli Clerk Job Description for Resume
• Prepared bakery and deli items
• Unloaded deli products and transfer stock to storage areas
• Sliced, cut, weighed, and priced stock in a considerate manner
• Upheld shelves and maintained cases filled at all times
• Operated cash register
• Maintained courteous and friendly attitude toward customers
• Controlled freshness by rotating and coding all products and remove out-of-code merchandise
• Tagged all products legibly in line with price book
• Maintained fresh items and weekly specials
• Promoted latest items and weekly specials
• Greeted all visitors and customers in a professional manner
• Cleaned and sanitized the entire work area
• Answered phone and took orders for particular requested items
• Abided by all business policies as stated in the worker handbook