Taxi drivers are responsible for transporting people from one place to another and obtaining a fee for this service. They can be hired in advanced or hailed on the road depending on their individual work type. Taxi drivers working for companies may be booked in advance but freelancers are usually hailed on the street.
They expected to be knowledgeable of the streets and routes in the city that they work in. The ability to use maps and the GPS system is a skill that taxi drivers are expected to have as they need to transport their passengers from one place to another in the shortest of time even during very heavy traffic.
If you have a license to drive a taxi and are looking for work in an organization that lets out taxis for hire, this resume is for you.
Taxi Driver Resume Example
73 Raven Road, Granby, MO 33333, (999) 999-0129, Email
OBJECTIVE: Seeking a Taxi Driver position with Drivers’ Cove utilizing driving expertise and customer service skills to provide the best services to passengers.
• Six years’ experience in light commercial vehicle driving
• Class E Driver License – Missouri
• Hands on experience in locating destinations and charting out best routes for travel
• Demonstrated ability to perform basic repairs of vehicle
• In-depth knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems of cars
• Communication • Navigation • GPS • City Routes • Map Reading
• Managed to meet the deadline for dropping off a customer to his destination in the midst of heavy snow and traffic jam
• Named Employee of the Year following an excellent driving record and customer feedback
Keller Cabs – Granby, MO | Jan 2009 – Present
• Pick up passengers and drop them off to assigned places
• Assist passengers in embarking and disembarking
• Assist passages with luggage loading and unloading
• Chart routes for best possible travelling solution
• Perform routine maintenance on the vehicle
• Fix minor errors in the vehicle
• Keep in constant touch with the dispatch office
Cabs R US– Granby, MO | Jan 2006 – Jan 2009
• Picked up guests from predefined locations and dropped them off at their destinations
• Assisted passengers with luggage and service information
• Used the GPS system to plan out routes that serve the least problems
• Manage light maintenance on the vehicle
• Manage preventive maintenance on the vehicle
High School Diploma – 2005
• Able to work on a rotating shift
• Adept at driving perfectly under stressful conditions
• Detail oriented and highly organized