A registered dental assistant provides support services to a dentist or a unit of dentists depending on the setting he or she is working in.
These professionals need to attain a licensure before they are allowed to perform duties in this regard – as this is highly sensitive work.
A person applying for this position will need to show the skills and qualifications evident in this resume sample. This example will guide you how to write a good resume for RDA.
See also: RDA Cover Letter
57 Locust Avenue, Pennsville, NJ 63534
(900) 009-9119, Email
REGISTERED DENTAL ASSISTANT
Performance Summary: 8+ years’ experience in aiding dentists and achieving success in patient dental care. Excellent aptitude to promoting a safe and healthy environment to ensure quality dental care. A strong communicator who effectively educate patients about self dental care. Performs dental assistance procedures in accordance with OSHA guidelines. Track record of performing front desk, clerical and cash handling duties. Proficient in MS Office Suite.
|● Radiography||● Coronal Polishing||● Sealant placement|
|● Composite Restoration||● Tooth Charting||● Temporary crown|
EXCELLENCE IN QUALITY DENTAL CARE
• Introduced digital x-ray machinery and software replacing old and cumbersome methods of taking x-ray visions
• Wrote a paper on Chemically Preparing Teeth for Bonding published in the Dental Dates magazine
Registered Dental Assistant | Dentigum – Pennsville, NJ | 11/2013 – Present
• Welcome patients as they arrive and escort them to treatment rooms
• Record medical history and vital signs
• Take dental x-rays when necessary
• Make impressions for study casts
• Sterilize and disinfect instruments
Dental Assistant | Aspen Dental – Pennsville, NJ | 02/2008 – 11/2013
• Provided pre and post operative instructions to patients
• Maintained clinical supply inventory
• Set up trays and instruments
• Maintained dental equipment and tools
EDUCATION & LICENSURE
RDA, NJ Certification
Current X-Ray Licensure
High School Diploma – 2007
• Demonstrated knowledge of dental health education
• Ability to use sound judgment and fathom dental emergencies
• Excellent verbal and written skills in English and Spanish