A cover letter for customer service resume is the most important part of your job application package. This document will determine whether a hiring manager will accept your candidacy or not. Nearly half the applicants for a customer service job are rejected just after the recruitment committee looks at the cover letter.
A poorly written cover letter will let hiring managers perceive that the candidate is not a good match with the advertised position or that their skills or experiences is not relevant. Therefore, your letter should be written in a way which grab the hiring manager’s interest at the first glance.
Customer Service Cover Letter Tips
● Tailor your letter as per needs of employer.
● Don’t use Dear Sir / Madam as your salutation. Address the letter to a specific person if you want fruitful results.
● Clearly state which customer service position you are applying for with accurate job reference number. Remember, companies are often hiring on multiple positions simultaneously.
● Don’t allow careless errors (Illogical phrases, poor grammar, typos) to creep into your letter. In this case, search committee will consider you as a non-serious candidate who is not serious in obtaining job.
● Keep away from aggressive, overconfident or pushy tone.
● Don’t use weak language such as “I feel” or “I believe.” Instead, use confident language such as; “I am confident” or “I am certain.”
Look at the following sample which tells what a good cover letter for a customer service position should look like.
9 Example Street
Bethel, CT 02311
florence @ email . com
February 23, 2016
Ms. Natasha Kirk
Manager Admin & HR
2 Quaker Ave
Bethel, CT 02355
Dear Ms. Kirk:
My extensive experience and skills in the customer service arena makes me the right candidate for Customer Service Associate job at Bloomingdale Stores. With my ability to deliver friendly and courteous service as well as knowledge of presenting a positive image of the company, I am eager to become a key member of your customer service team.
As indicated in the enclosed resume, I have a demonstrated ability to welcome guests in a considerate manner, deal effectively with customers of different backgrounds, respond to their concerns and resolve issues, perform verifications and maintain records. My education and experience has enabled me to understand and manage administrative work efficiently with minimum or no supervision.
Furthermore, my friendly attitude combined with my customer care training will allow me to manage problems of Bloomingdale Store’s existing customers and analyze the situational factors in a better way. As required, I possess good computer skills including internet, social media, email, MS Office applications and spreadsheets.
I will contact your office after one week to follow-up and set up a date and time of interview. If you need to contact me in the meantime, please call me on my cell phone at (099) 900-9019.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to meeting with you soon.