A cover letter for customer service resume is the most important document of your job application package. In fact, it is your first contact with a prospective employer and you do not want to spoil it.
Your cover letter along with your resume for customer service job will determine whether a hiring manager will accept your candidacy or not. Nearly half the applicants for a customer service job are rejected just after the recruitment committee looks at the cover letter. A poorly written cover letter will let hiring managers perceive that the candidate is not a good match with the advertised position or that their skills or experiences is not relevant. Therefore, your letter should be written in a way which grab the hiring manager’s interest at the first glance.
● Tailor your letter to the needs of employer.
● Don’t use Dear Sir / Madam as your salutation. Try to address the letter to a specific person – if you want fruitful results.
● Clearly state which customer service position you are applying for with accurate job reference number. Remember, companies are often hiring on multiple positions simultaneously.
● Don’t allow careless errors (Illogical phrases, poor grammar, typos) to creep into your letter. In this case, search committee will consider you as a non-serious candidate who is not serious in obtaining job.
● Keep away from aggressive, overconfident or pushy tone.
● Don’t use weak language such as “I feel” or “I believe.” Instead, use confident language such as; “I am confident” or “I am certain.”
Look at the following sample which tells what a good cover letter for a customer service position should look like.
Special Thanks to Karen Ardan for Proofreading
9 Example Street, #1 EA
Bethel, CT 02311
florence @ email . com
January 11, 2015
Ms. Natasha Kirk
Manager Admin & HR
2 Quaker Ave
Bethel, CT 02355
Dear Ms. Kirk:
I am very interested in the position of Customer Services Associate at Bloomingdale Stores that was advertised on your website. My extensive experience and skills in the customer service arena makes me the right candidate for this job. With my ability to deliver friendly and courteous service as well as knowledge of presenting a positive image of the company, I am certain to become a key member of your customer service team.
I am a strong candidate for this job because my skillset perfectly complements with your requirements. For instance, I have a demonstrated ability to welcome guests in a considerate manner, deal effectively with customers of different backgrounds, respond to concerns and resolve issues, perform verifications and maintain records of all clients. My education and experience has enabled me to understand and manage administrative work efficiently with minimum or no supervision.
Furthermore, my friendly attitude combined with my customer care training will allow me to manage problems of Bloomingdale Store’s existing customers and analyze the situational factors in a better way. As required, I possess good computer skills including internet, social media, email, MS Office applications and spreadsheets.
The enclosed resume which additional information about my qualifications and experiences. I will contact your office next week to follow-up and finalize a time of interview. If you need to contact me in the meantime, please call me on my cell phone at (099) 900-9019.
Thank you in advance for considering my credentials for Customer Services Associate position at Bloomingdale Stores. I look forward to meeting with you soon.