We have oodles of resume samples that you can use to make your very own by changing important details.
Remember that a well written Medical Coder resume can do wonders for your career by getting you the job that you want and deserve.
So it is very important to make a good first impression.
Have a look at this easily customizable Medical Coder resume example to build your own.
Medical Coder Resume Sample
588 Example Street ▣ New York, NY 06522 ▣ (211) 323-9999 ▣ [Email Address]
Looking for a Medical Coder position with ABC Healthcare utilizing extensive medical billing and coding knowledge for the benefit of the facility.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Five years of experience working as a Medical Coder for Family Health Hospital
• Highly skilled in performing coder duties pertinent to ICD-9, CPT-4 ,HCPCS and DRG standards and techniques
• Strong proficiency of physician coding, in and outpatient coding as well as facility coding
• Good knowledge of anatomy, physiology and pharmacology
• Excellent understanding of medical terminology
• Excellent oral and written skills in communication
• Proficient in VMS systems and MS Office
• Typing speed conformed to 80 WPM
• Comfortable with most medical billing software
• Strong time management skills
• Active member of a team that devised a physician coding database that took in relevant data and minimizes errors
• Best Coder Award – May 2009
March 2007 – Present
Family Health Hospital
• Manage outpatient coding for medical centers registered with the hospital
• Process a minimum of 100 claims a day conforming to ICD-9 and CPT-4 standards
• Punch patient information on Qaudramed
• Handle claims relevant to dentists, surgeries, psychiatry visits and diagnostic testing
High School Diploma – 2006