A horticulturist is an individual who works with plants and crops. Depending on his own individual setting, he may be employed in fields, greenhouses and even in labs and as consultants.
Horticulturist Resume Guidelines
➜ List only relevant information in reverse chronological order, from present to past.
➜ For skills section, include your relevant skills starting from the most relevant to less relevant.
➜ Choose attractive headings to emphasize relevant skills and experience.
➜ Begin your resume with a strong and targeted career objective (For less experienced candidates) or Profile / Skills Summary (For highly experienced candidates.)
➜ Choose a simple format: Avoid using a readymade template.
Let us see what a horticulturist will write in his resume when applying for a job.
Related: Horticulturist Cover Letter
Horticulturist Resume Sample
77 Cumberland Avenue, Buffalo, NY 90101
(911) 999-9009, Email
Seeking a Horticulturist position with Greenlands utilizing skills in working with gardens, crops and plants in order to contribute to the mission of the company.
• 7+ years’ functional experience in different horticulture capacities
• Highly skilled in identifying and correcting plant problems
• In depth knowledge of most plants’ nutrient levels and related logistics
• Hands on experience in recognizing and controlling damages related to soil compaction and weather extremes
• Well versed in diagnosing and treating landscape and turfgrass areas for common pests
• Pest management
• Horticulture and floriculture
• Irrigation systems and applications
• Seasonal employees’ training
• Housekeeping duties and grounds maintenance
Horticulturist | Green View, Buffalo, NY | Oct 2007 – Nov 2012
• Perform a range of landscaping tasks
• Complete display designs and order plans as needed
• Prepare soil, plant and transplant trees and plants, mulching, weeding, watering and irrigation
• Maintain care of horticulture tools and equipment
• Manage weekend watering duties
• Manage specific horticulture programs for educational purposes
• Introduced and implemented a modern sprinkler system that works with touch and weather sensitivity options
• Evaluated the intensity of projected problems brought about by inclement weather and soil issues
Horticultural Attendant | Department of Service, Baton Rouge, LA | Dec 2005 – Oct 2007
• Performed care of plants, vegetation, trees, and grounds
• Pruned and trimmed trees and scrubbed as needed
• Propagated, cultivated, fertilized, disbudded, and scheduled foliage, vegetable, horticultural, florist, and woody ornamental crops
• Monitored and adjusted environmental control system for plant structures
• Observed insect action; scheduled, prepared, and applied pesticides
• Recorded data on crop growth
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
Los Angeles State University, Baton Rouge, LA
Bachelors of Horticulture Science
Major: Urban Ecosystems
Minors: Plant Propagation, Pest management, Arboriculture
Pesticide Applicator’s Certification in category 3A