A special education aide (also known as Paraprofessional) is accountable to support and assist the teacher and students. The aide lend a hand to the educator and make sure the lessons are taught accurately as they were designed. If any of the students do not recognize the lesson or action, the Special Education teacher’s aide assists them and gives extra coaching.
A special education aide also helps in collection of materials, arrange them and provides them to the students for the period of the lesson plan. S/he might also be liable for using body language at the same time as the teacher is speaking, if there are deaf students in the classroom. A special education aide also helps the students with activities they might not be capable to do for themselves, for example using the bathroom, or washing their hands.
A striking Resume for Special Education Aide will grab the attention of a prospective employer and will increase the chances of your selection. Below is a good sample resume for this position which will assist you making your own resume. Also see this Special Education Aide Cover Letter or this paraprofessional cover letter to make a perfect job application.
Special Education Aide Resume Sample
John K. Smith
21 Example Street, Houston TX 98777
(999) 999-7777, [Email Address]
Seeking a position of Special Education Aide at the Houston City School, which will require me to utilize my in-depth knowledge of managing activities of disable children and assisting senior teachers in their daily tasks.
• Three years of experience working with disable children
• Highly skilled in managing the needs of special children
• Great aptitude to maintain emotional control under stress
• First Aid and CPR Certified
• Non-Violent Crisis involvement Training
• Knowledge of using general office equipment and machines
• Skilled in MS Office Suite
• Exceptionally capability of managing children with different kinds of disabilities
• Good communication skills
• Ability to follow spoken and written instructions
May 2008 – Present
St Louis School of Special Children, Houston, TX
Special Education Aide
• Help students with physical or behavioral disabilities in keeping with their individualized wants, including move to and from wheelchairs, lifting, or positioning.
• Support and implement school rules, administrative regulations, and state and local board rules.
• Assist in maintaining a tidy and arranged classroom.
• Assist in record, care, and preservation of equipment.
• Help students with physical care together with feeding, bathroom needs, and individual hygiene.
• Assist in running the actions of students and emergency intervention.
• Assist teacher in keeping secretarial records and preparing requisite reports
• Provide compass reading and assistance to alternate teachers.
• Work with individual students or little groups to build up motor skills and conduct instructional exercises allocate by the teacher.
• Help in supervising students all through the school day, both within and outside the classroom, including lunchroom, bus duty, and playground.
• Keep the instructor informed of any individual needs or problems of students.
• Support the teacher in preparing instructional materials and classroom displays.
July 2007 – May 2008
Adams Community School, Houston TX
• Helped and oversaw arrival and departure of students
• Monitored students in the dining hall, restroom, hallway, playground, for the duration of field trips, school assemblies, and particular events, at snack, nap time, and ahead of and after school
• Provided support to the special education teacher as the instructional program is implemented
• Supervised students independently and in small groups as learning activities are conducted in line with teacher directions
• Prepared a weekly agenda with the help of the teacher(s)
• Amassed materials, programs, and equipment before the arrival of the students
• Assisted teacher with official statement boards, repetition of materials and grading tests
• Prepared student charts, work folders, and other secretarial duties as assigned by the educator
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
High School diploma – 2005
Texas Educational Aide Certificate – 2008
Last Word: Make necessary alterations in this special education aide resume sample before sending it