A proofreader resume is a key job application document that contains information about your skills and qualifications.
Resumes are our lifeline as far as obtaining a new proofreader job is concerned.
A good resume can help us get the job we have always wanted; a not-so-good one can force us into a puzzle.
Resumes for proofreader positions need to follow specific rules. They should be precise yet detailed, which is a difficult task to do – but not impossible.
If you know what elements a resume should have, you will have no problems in writing one.
See also: Proofreader Cover Letter Sample
Take a look at the following resume sample for a proofreader’s position to determine how to write one of your own.
Proofreader Resume Example
839 Macarthur Road, Las Cruces, NM 88012
❖❖ PROOFREADER ❖❖
Native-level fluency in the English language.
A sharp and detail-oriented professional with an excellent command of written English and an outstanding eye for detail. Successful track record of proofreading websites content and translations for error elimination and accuracy. Absolute determination to capitalize on the quality of work by detecting compositional, grammatical, and typographical errors. Advanced expertise in cross-referencing materials for content accuracy.
• Collaborated with Wimax Publishers to perform freelance editing and proofreading projects on a regular basis.
• Introduced a work checking system that looks for redundant words and phrases and highlights them for the reader thereby reducing proofreading time by 50%.
• Supervised a team of 30 editors to meet deadlines with 100% daily success.
• Spearheaded 3 training programs within 1 year to induct newly hired writers thereby substantially decreasing the time needed to complete copy projects.
THE CREATIVE GROUP, Las Cruces, NM
2017 – Present
• Read prescribed documents to look for errors and correct them in accordance with the provided instructions
• Position text, diagrams, and pictures correctly within documents
• Ensure that each page has a number assigned to it and the assigned numbers are correct
• Make sure that each document follows a prescribed house style
• Check TOCs to ensure that the titles are correct and page numbers coincide with them
• Make sure that tables of contents and chapter titles are in harmony with each other
• Ensure that no confusing names, titles, words or phrases are written
• Research for information regarding confused or unclear content and suggest changes
Content Writer and Editor
MEDIA SALES PLUS, Las Cruces, NM
2009 – 2017
• Corrected documents with grammatical and spelling errors
• Ensured that documents were legible and did not contain any unverified information
• Made sure that content portrayed the intended message
• Reported any inconsistencies in text or misinformation to superiors
• Ensured that each illustration and diagram had the correct heading
• Suggested logical layouts to make them readable and attractive
• Conferred with writers to resolve queries and confusions
MA Degree in English
CITY UNIVERSITY, Las Cruces, NM
• Word usage
• Content flow
• Message Tone
• Text arrangement
• Style and consistency
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Adobe Acrobat