Working as a team member at Taco Bell is great fun. If you feel happy when helping people, and would like to work in a popular fast-food chain, Taco Bell is just the right place for you.
As a team member at Taco Bell, your main duty will be to welcome customers and take their orders. You will also be required to possess in-depth knowledge of what the restaurant sells so that you can make accurate suggestions.
Working as a Taco Bell team member is not just fun and games though – you also have to do a lot of hard work. Getting orders right, and ensuring that they are delivered to customers on time is very important.
If working as a Taco Bell team member is on the cards for you, we suggest you go through the following list of duties:
Taco Bell Team Member Job Description
• Greet customers, and engage them in conversation in order to determine their specific orders.
• Provide suggestions about orders and present menus.
• Input orders into point-of-sales systems, and confirm orders.
• Calculate order amounts, and inform customers about their payables.
• Provide customers with information on estimated wait times.
• Relay orders to kitchen staff members and follow up on them.
• Process cash and credit card payments, and tender receipts and change.
• Assist in preparing tacos, burritos, quesadillas, and nachos according to specific recipes.
• Inform customers of any specials such as discounts and offers that they can avail of.
• Pack prepared orders, and ensure that they are timely delivered to customers.
• Ensure that dine-in orders are delivered to tables fresh, and on time.
• Take and process additional orders.
• Refill drinks on order.
• Take and handle complaints according to specified protocols.
• Escalate problems and complaints to the restaurant supervisor or manager.
• Check with customers in order to ensure that their dining experience has been positive.
• Maintain a clean and sanitary workplace, including counters, tables, and chairs.
• Ensure the availability of items such as sauce sachets, disposable cutlery, and napkins.
• Check inventory in order to determine stock levels.
• Inform supervisors of low stock levels.
• Create and maintain relationships with vendors to ensure timely delivery of supplies.
Typically, a high school diploma or a GED equivalent is sufficient to work as a team member at Taco Bell.
If you have had previous experience in another similar fast food restaurant, you may be given great consideration.