A newspaper carrier is responsible for collecting the deliverable newspapers from the publishing hub each morning. This position demand physical work like lifting heavy stacks using pallet jacks or forklifts. A driver’s license is a must for this job.
If you are planning to apply for a newspaper carrier position, it is recommended to send a cover letter along with your resume.
Here are some tips that will help you in writing an effective newspaper carrier cover letter.
1. Keep your cover letter short and concise.
2. Use a strong opening line that creates a good first impression.
3. Use the keywords from the job advertisement while highlighting your skills to make your cover letter searchable.
4. End your letter with a note of confidence.
Here is a sample cover letter for the newspaper carrier position.
Newspaper Carrier Cover Letter Sample
82Long Island Lane
jason .smith @ email . com
September 27, 2022
Mr. Timothy Green
Gannet Publishing Service
618 Sunset Horizon
Dear Mr. Green:
It was a great pleasure to come across your job listing for a newspaper carrier in my area specifically because my profile meets all the requirements stated in the advertisement.
I am particularly interested in this position as Gannet Publishing service is a known name in the industry and I have always dreamt of being a part of your winning team as a newspaper carrier.
Below are some highlights of my achievements:
- Reduced fuel costs by $1000 per month through cost-effective route setting.
- Attained 5-star review rates from subscribers due to timely and effective service provision.
- Operated in early hours for the past 3 years effectively and punctually.
- Repaired a forklift at the hub saving replacement cost and facilitating loading of the vehicle.
I have always been an early riser and I’m very comfortable working early hours. I bring a track record of reaching the publishing hub on time and with punctuality. My strong numeracy skills, good memory, and attention to detail also render me ideal for bill keeping and maintaining a list of subscribers’ preferences.
Since I qualify for the job and possess some additional skills as well, that will come in handy for you if I’m hired, I would like to suggest an interview meeting with you. In reachable at (000) 222 – 4444 and I’m available for an interview at your convenience.
Thank you for your time and consideration.