Cover letters are not optional – when you send your resume to apply for a rural carrier associate job, a cover letter is always a must.
Here is a sample cover letter:
Rural Carrier Associate Cover Letter Example
tamara @ email,com
June 23, 2022
Mr. Ian Cooper
United States Postal Services
982 Haley Road
Rock Falls, IL 10275
Dear Mr. Cooper:
Your advertisement for a full-time Rural Carrier Associate position piqued my interest. I would like to provide you with the benefit of my passion to deliver mail and parcels in rural areas.
I offer a current Illinois driver’s license, a vehicle with insurance, the ability to lift 70 lbs, and enthusiasm to work in all types of weather conditions.
Not only I am experienced in delivering mail to rural areas, but I am also an expert in various other aspects of mail delivery. Some of my skills include:
- Mail sorting, casing, stamping, and delivering 150+ boxes per day.
- Delivering mail along an assigned mile line of travel.
- Loading mail and parcels in delivery sequence into the delivery vehicle.
- Driving and maintaining vans and trucks for deliveries.
- Correctly mapping routes by using both standard maps, and GPS systems.
- Maintaining the confidentiality and professionalism to protect the privacy of customers.
With great attention to detail and a high level of integrity, I can surpass your expectations. I am eager to discuss this role with you in detail. Thank you for your time and consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you.