A mom returning to work after a break must write a resume to show interest in a prospective position.
Writing a gap resume can be riddled with uncertainty, but it can also be written to impress if you pay attention to the specifics.
Focusing on your specific role as a domestic engineer (another title for a stay at home mom) will emphasize the fact that your skills are still as sharp as ever.
Where your resume is concerned, ensure that you highlight your best side as far as skills and experience are concerned.
Depending on the role that you are applying for, focus on your knowledge of specific areas, as they would now help the hiring manager.
Take a look at the following resume sample that can be used by a mom returning to work:
Mom Returning To Work Resume Example
80 Johnson Road, Cary, NC67031
Highly organized Administrative professional returning to work after a 4-year career break. Excellent knowledge of providing high-quality administrative and clerical support. Expert in developing correspondence such as memos, letters, and emails. Highly competent in performing outreach activities related to customers, vendors, and third parties.
• Performance Management
• Business Communications
• Correspondence Handling
• Data Compilation
• Customer Service
• Problem Solving
• Workflow Optimization
• Office Security
• Budget Oversight
• Petty Cash Management
• Organizational Design
• Conflict Resolution
• Responsible for developing and implementing a unique training system, as a result, increased administrative staff efficiency by 50%
• Introduced a customer outreach system, hence, increased customer base by 20%
• Built a home-schooling system, thereby, proved invaluable in increasing grades by 80%
*In-home*, Cary, NC | 6/2017 – Present
• Execute household chores to ensure smooth running
• Handle cooking and cleaning work for a four-member family
• Manage finances and budgets and make changes to ensure that expenses fall within budgets
• Tutor children in a number of areas, such as math, literature, French, and science
• Clean, disinfect, and polish kitchen floors and counters
• Pay bills in a timely manner
• Conduct and coordinate frequent grocery shopping excursions
Ironclad Developments, Cary, NC | 2/203 – 5/2016
• Created and developed correspondence such as letters, memos, reports, and emails
• Handled telephone calls and provided the required information
• Developed solid relationships with vendors and suppliers
• Provided visitors with information on the company’s services
• Maintained multiple schedules for executive appointments and activities
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration
North Carolina State University, Cary, NC – 2011