Targeted resumes for general hand position are the only ones who have any success with employers, who receive thousands of resumes during the hunt for one employee.
The more apt your resume is with the demands of an employer, the better the chances to move up the employment ladder.
To increase your chances, you may want to use the following format:
662 Brightwood Avenue | Stratford, CT 14441 | (000) 254-6399 | brucecamp @ email . com
Eager to advance, excel, and succeed in the repair and maintenance arena.
Physically dexterous, hardworking and well-organized individual with a special interest in working on an amalgamation of physical projects in construction and maintenance. Good communication and interpersonal skills along with a great ability to get along with people from diverse backgrounds.
|– Repair and Maintenance||– Equipment Operation||– Workplace Safety|
|– Cleaning Standards||– Incident Reporting||– Risk Management|
|– Emergency Procedures||– Priority Setting||– Conflict Management|
|– Quality Checks||– Flaw Inspections||– Defects Correction|
• Suggested preventative maintenance on a then recently vacated commercial building, thereby decreasing the need for extensive maintenance and repair at letting time
• Successfully repaired the HVAC system, during a routine building maintenance, with a 10 minute downtime
• Singlehandedly performed preventative maintenance on a large residential building, just in time for its relaunch into the estate market
• Implemented safety protocols for all general laborers / hands, resulting in a 50% decrease in on-site accidents
Midmark Corporation, Stratford, CT | 3/2013 – Present
• Read and comprehend instructions for repair and maintenance work handed over by the supervisor
• Devise plans to gather resources for each assigned task and ensure that all equipment and tools are ready
• Clear work areas of any debris or trash in a bid to make work processes easier
• Perform general and preventative maintenance work on buildings and systems such as plumbing and HVAC
• Collect trash from bins and ashtrays and ensure that they are properly disposed of
• Move and rearrange furniture according to specified instructions, while ensuring its safety
• Operate work-related equipment in a safe and efficient manner and in accordance with all relevant legislation and procedures
• Operate basic hand tools and equipment such as saws, shovels, rakes, lawn mowers and brush cutters
Maxwell Inc., Stratford, CT | 6/2010 – 3/2013
• Assisted in cleaning and clearing grounds to assist groundskeepers in performing maintenance activities
• Ascertained that all tools and equipment were properly stored and maintained on a regular basis
• Disposed of trash and debris according to set procedures and trash disposal policies and procedures
• Performed cleaning activities by sweeping and mopping floors and dusting and sanitizing surfaces
• Assisted general hands in performing repair and maintenance work on HVAC and plumbing systems, and other building and grounds work
High School Diploma – 2009
Stratford High School, Stratford, CT