An objective is the crowning glory of a resume. Without one, a resume often fails to impress a hiring manager.
The reason that career experts insist on including an objective in a resume is that the beginning of any document is crucial to its success. Since objectives are basically written to tell the hiring manager that you are an excellent contender for the mechanical engineering job, they are important.
Remember that you are writing an objective for a purpose – not merely to fill space. It is imperative to portray yourself as a good candidate for the mechanical engineer job.
Refer to the following resume objective examples to get more ideas:
Mechanical Engineer Resume Objective Examples
1. Highly experienced and diligent Mechanical Engineer seeking a position at Trevor’s Engineering Works. Bringing 18 years’ track record of success in designing, developing, and installing cost-effective equipment and machinery to ensure safety and reliability.
2. Mechanical Engineer with over 10 years of experience in researching, designing, developing, manufacturing, and installing mechanical components and systems. Seeking a position with Kellogg’s where my expertise will be used to recommend modifications by diligently following prototype test results.
3. Seeking a Mechanical Engineer position at Berger’s Inc. Eager to deliver excellent work processes in sync with mechanical engineering processes and protocols.
4. Desire to obtain a position as a Mechanical Engineer at ABC Company. Offering deep insight into evaluating mechanical and electromechanical systems and products by efficiently designing and conducting correlating research programs.
5. To obtain a Mechanical Engineer position at Double Coiled Works. Eager to apply my exceptional skills in developing mechanical and electromechanical systems according to the specific requirements of clients.
6. Dedicated Mechanical Engineer with over 15 years of experience in analyzing situations to determine how mechanical and thermal devices may resolve industrial problems. Seeking employment at Robin’s Industrial Works where my skills and experiences will be fully utilized.
7. Systematic Mechanical Engineer with expertise in designing and redesigning mechanical and thermal devices using both deep analytic abilities and computer-aided programs. Currently seeking employment at Strategic Operations Inc. where I will be able to design and oversee the manufacturing of a vast variety of products.
8. Results-driven mechanical engineer who wants to innovate, achieve, grow and lead at ABC Company. Eager to apply functional specifications and use engineering tools to design hardware, prepare component specifications, follow work processes to document designs, and prepare materials for design reviews.