A volunteer position usually comes about when you are starting out in the professional world, or if you are quite taken to a particular cause. Volunteers typically work at the entry level, hoping to gain experience in a specific field, making it easy for them to understand a specific type of work so that they can build a career in it.
Writing a resume for a volunteer position will require you to place your best skills and qualifications for the job on a piece of paper. And this can be done if you have the right format to help you. A suitable format will give you a place to put your skills, competencies, and education information on a piece of paper that the hiring manager will consider highly – unless the format is not up to the mark.
Writing a resume for a volunteer position is not too complicated as you will have limited things to talk about in this position. And this will work wonderfully for you. Here is a sample for a food bank volunteer position that you can go through to see how you can write your own:
Food Bank Volunteer Resume Example
400 Aurora Avenue, Bend, OR22212
FOOD BANK VOLUNTEER
Enthusiastic, competent, and well-organized individual, with an inherent interest and love for assisting people in many areas. Well-versed in following set food bank program metrics to ensure that activities are carried out in a correlating manner.
• Competent in distributing food items to individuals accessing food support programs, according to set protocols.
• Proven ability to prepare food distribution rooms, by stacking and sorting items in an orderly manner.
• Skilled in unloading donated items from vehicles in a proper way, aiming to ensure the safety of each load.
• Qualified to ensure that all interactions with individuals are maintained confidentially.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
|Program Orientation||Inventory Control||Efficient Functioning|
|Food Categorization||Food Rotation||Client Liaison|
St. James’ High School, Bend, OR – 2018
High School Diploma
✓ Chosen as the school representative for 10 food programs implemented within the county.
✓ Made the Dean’s list for 3 years in a row, owing to exceptional educational excellence.
Volunteer | 1/2017 – 5/2017
Food Assistance Inc., Bend, OR
• Greeted people as they arrived at the food distribution facility, and ensured that they were pre-registered.
• Provided individuals with information on food program facilities, and how they can avail them.
• Distributed food items to individuals, ensuring that their names are ticked off from the list.
• Oversaw the inventory of food items, ensuring that low supply situations were properly communicated.
• Created and submitted reports related to distributed food items, and incoming donations at the end of each week.
Exemplary professional references available