Resumes are “complete” documents that provide hiring managers with solid information on what a candidate is capable of doing.
It is very important to make sure that you put in the right type of information – like what is written in the resume sample below:
Electrical Line Worker Resume Example
850 Pine Avenue, Providence, RI 89011
charmar @ email . com
ELECTRICAL LINE WORKER
Physically dexterous and knowledgeable Electrical Line Worker with over 6 years’ hands-on experience in installing and repairing overhead and underground electrical power lines and auxiliary equipment. Handles complex electrical line work, placing special focus on minimizing service downtime.
Skilled in stringing, splicing and sagging wires in energized and de-energized circuits, and routing and re-routing electrical lines over under and around existing lines and structures.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|✓ Line Inspections||✓ Load Checks/Balancing||✓ Fault Finding|
|✓ Transformer Transport||✓ Power Tools Operation||✓ Outage Management|
|✓ Line Maintenance||✓ Pole Setting||✓ Repairs Facilitation|
|✓ Emergency Response||✓ Utility Lines Management||✓ Wire Security|
• Successfully installed utility lines for 5 projects at the same time, meeting all 5 deadlines.
• Minimized 75% service downtime by providing residents with power from an alternate source during a power outage.
• Implemented a novel load check system which proved to be 55% more efficient than the one already in place.
• Trained 14 apprentices as line workers as part of their training and induction.
Electrical Line Worker
City Power, Providence, RI | 6/2013 – Present
• Install, remove, maintain and repair electrical poles, cross arms, pins and insulators according to specified instructions.
• Maintain and operate underground and overhead electricity distribution systems using rubber and synthetic insulation materials.
• Perform switching services and ensure that system circuits are in good working order.
• Install and remove transformers, lightening arresters, cutouts and fuses, and ensure that all overhead line devices are in god working order.
• Perform electrical building code inspections and write correlating reports for action purposes.
• Construct and maintain overhead electrical lines, repair sagging wires, and ensure that electrical systems are properly connected.
• Secure new wires and insulators in order to splice wires to adjoining sections of lines.
• Set residential and commercial meters, make load checks, and provide solid advice for required action.
Electrical Line Apprentice
Ace Power Company, Providence, RI | 2/2011 – 6/2013
• Assisted line workers in inspecting overhead and underground electrical line systems.
• Operated diagnostic equipment and instruments to determine problems with electrical lines.
• Installed and maintained street lights and identified locations of circuits and cutout fuses.
• Operated trenchers, backhoes and other equipment required for installation of electrical service lines.
• Ascertained that line workers were provided with all materials and equipment required to perform their work .duties
Providence High School, Providence, RI – 2010
High School Diploma