It is becoming increasingly difficult in the present-day job market to secure a good job – even for well-qualified candidates.
The following are two tips regarding lineman resume writing:
1. Custom Made
Keep one master resume and edit it to cater to the specific requirements of the employer. Hiring managers like to read only the information that communicates how you can prove to be productive for them
2. Easy to read
No one has time to try to make sense out of resumes. If your resume is not clearly written chances are, the employer will simply move down the pile and pick up the next one. Write coherently, in a readable font style and size
Below is a sample resume for a lineman position to guide you further in this regard.
See also: Lineman Cover Letter
Lineman Resume Example
344 Thomas Sq, Tacoma, WA 56788
victor . feldman @ email . com
A detail-oriented, meticulous and accurate lineman with diverse experience in installation and maintenance of underground and overhead distribution circuits. Sound ability to troubleshoot line interruption issues. Adept at replacement and installation of transformers, switches, arresters, and cutouts. Profound knowledge of OSHA safety regulation and safety gear usage policy along with strict compliance to the same.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Line Replacement
• Wire Tying
• Equipment Installation
• Circuit Repair
• Risk Assessment
• Energy Supply
• Line Maintenance
• Emergency Response
• Wire Coding
• Trench Shoring
• Reduced annual transformer replacement cost by $35K through the implementation of timely preventive maintenance protocols.
• Identified a voltage fluctuation issue and timely resolved it saving costly equipment from collapse.
• Enhanced emergency response efficiency level by 50% through proactive and effective communication with the team.
• Extended power lines for an energized industrial unit singlehandedly in less than 6 hours.
INFLUX SOLUTIONS, Tacoma, WA | 2014-Present
• String and splice wires in energized and de-energized electrical circuits.
• Identify underground and overhead break points utilizing advance fault finding equipment.
• Shorten or extend the length of wires in a line.
• Install, remove, transfer and maintain transformers for heavy-duty industrial and residential power supply units.
• Ensured availability of required voltage in each line installed.
• Conduct line switching and sectionalizing as per requirement.
TACOMA POWER SUPPLY, Tacoma, WA | 2011-2014
• Installed, replaced and repaired cables in power distribution systems.
• Accompanied the journeyman and assisted in problem diagnosis and troubleshooting.
• Facilitated maintenance of electric utilities.
• Repaired electrical appliances and built-in power circuits.
• Climbed poles to reach wiring and sockets.
• Insulated wire lines and made them waterproof.
High School Diploma
TACOMA HIGH SCHOOL, Tacoma, WA – 2011
• Class A CDL holder
• Bilingual: Fluent in French and English
• Proficient in PC operations