Working in a dog bather capacity will require you to write a resume, to apply for the job. The resume must hold all the information necessary to make you come across as a viable candidate for the job.
A dog bather resume should show your love for dogs, and how well you can handle bathing and grooming tasks. As a seasoned dog bather, you must highlight the many reasons that you are perfect for the job.
Your skills, past achievements, and experience must also be made part of your resume.
A sample resume for a dog bather position is provided below:
Sample Resume for Dog Bather
109 Top Road, Kent, OH 46121
Experienced dog bather, with an inherent love for all animals. Demonstrated expertise in liaising with pet owners in order to determine their specific grooming needs. Exceptionally talented in handling the administrative end of the pet salon.
• Implemented a unique dog bathing procedure, as a result, decreased process time by 55%.
• Introduced the concept of dead skin removal, hence, bettered dogs’ outlook.
• Successfully bathed 15 dogs in one day, during an unprecedented busy day at the salon.
• Trained 6 dog bathers, as part of their induction process.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
– Grooming Needs Assessment
– Pet Owner Liaison
– Record Keeping
– Bath Drawing
– Nail Trimming and Shaping
– Bath Temperature Regulation
– Fur Trimming
Pets R Us, Kent, O
Apr 2019 – Present
• Greet do owners and engage them in conversation to determine their specific service needs.
• Engage with dogs in order to make them comfortable with their surroundings.
• Perform initial checks to figure out dogs’ bathing and grooming needs.
• Provide do owners with information on what services their dogs require.
• Create and present service quotes.
• Handle new registrations according to the protocols.
• Run baths for dogs and bathe them according to set procedures.
• Use hair dryers to dry fur coats and brush them properly.
• Cut, trim, and shape dogs’ nails and coats.
• Ensure all assigned dogs’ safety and wellbeing at all times.
Top Pet Services, Kent, OH
Sep 2018 – Apr 2019
• Cleaned and sanitized cages and animal living quarters on a daily basis.
• Assisted groomers in performing bathing and grooming work on pets.
• Provided food and water to all in-housed pets.
• Ensured that pets’ cages were kept safe, by making repairs on a timely basis.
• Created and maintained records of clients and ensured they were updated properly.
High School Diploma
Kent High School, Kent, OH